Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

DID

SukoLovesHito October 7th, 2022

Anyone else have DID? If so, How do you better deal with it?

Josh3889 October 7th, 2022

@SukoLovesHito

I think the best thing to remember is that you are not alone with this, please click on my profile if you ever need a chat!

SukoLovesHito OP October 7th, 2022

@Josh3889

I appreciate that. Recently We’ve basically forgotten that we aren’t alone. So that really helps.

radicaldolphin October 8th, 2022

Hello! I have DID. At first when I started getting the most obvious symptoms (someone else controlling our body) I just kinda didn’t care, because that alter who was in control is kind. Eventually I figured out what DID is, and the way we best deal with it now is making sure every alter feels heard and appreciated. A lot of people we talk to think a final integration of all the alters is the only solution, but it’s only one option for healing! Functional Multiplicity between everyone with none or some integrations is also a solution. I find having a journal helps with memory loss, especially when it comes to remembering to take a shower once every two days. But I’d say the most important for dealing with DID or OSSD1b (not sure this could apply to OSSD1a) is understanding your own individuality and what things you like and keeping track. For us we all have different food preferences, and some of our hobbies differ. If you need to know anything specific just let me know. :)

SukoLovesHito OP October 8th, 2022

@radicaldolphin

This actually makes me feel a lot better hearing from someone else with DID. Thank you dolphin. This really helped. 💜

@SukoLovesHito

Journal every day

Make art

Accept every person inside

Be grateful