Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Witnessing.

Ladywithabug November 16th, 2016

This is a hard subject for myself to come to turns with because it is so recent. This year I have witnessed my rolemodel physically, emotionally and financially abuse my Mother. Without going into too much details, how do you find hope and faith when all of that is lost? I thought my family would never be in a situation like this, I mean I had to physically step in between my parents because I was scared that it was going to be life or death, I witnessed my Dad control my mother and her response to me was "I'm strong, I deserve it" while she walked away in tears, it hurt me to see the ones I love attack eachother like this. I have seen things that I wish I could just forget but constantly hanging over my head.

I feel selfish to feel this way, I'm only 17 years old, I shouldn't ever have to feel unsafe at home or fear my loves one, but I would pretty much prefer to be anywhere but home, I'm scared and I don't know what to do. My mother has seen someone about it and trying to get things sorted, I mean my Dad he is a great guy inside, but he needs serious help, he has really bad Depression and he's had it all of my life, my Dad was my rolemodel, I want everything to get better but I feel helpless and lost.

I feel like I'm doing this alone, it's been 7 weeks since the last one and everyone seems to be happy and getting along except for me.

I guess I'm just writing this down to know im not doing this alone and that there are others who are experiencing the same problems.

Histerikal November 16th, 2016

@Ladywithabug

There there, take a hug, cutie.

Now, I can't really relate to the abusing part, but my father is also a major depressive. He was kind of parted from us all. His thoughts were everywhere but at home. He didn't love my sister and me anymore as he said and after he had a breakdown and couldn't move anymore, my sister brought him to the hospital. That was 2 years ago and he is still in rehab. But things are getting better. He is enjoying live, taking obstacles and spending time with us. All I want to say with this is: it can get better. Just get help if needed. Talk to him. If he is a great guy you can be sure he isn't abusing anyone willingly!

Best of wishes,

Erik

Ladywithabug OP November 17th, 2016

@Histerikal

Thank you for the wise words, unfortunately my Dad doesn't like talking to people about his problems and his depression, it's harder for him to get help due to his stigma.

ambitiousTalker2046 July 13th, 2017

I understand.