Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Where to go from here

Fleggles May 23rd, 2020

The other day I found my police report that I made when I was 15 years old. I don't know what possessed me but I chose to read it. I recently started therapy after 20 years because something triggered me took me all the way back. But my memory has been not at so clear and when my therapist Ask me about some details they are a little bit blurry. So this report brings the stories back to the surface more clearly. But now I don't know what to do. I feel really detached from them and I don't even know why I have them still. Therapist thinks it's good that I found them I don't know what to do with them. I know that all the stories are true in my statement but it's almost like reading somebody else's story. And now some things starting to come out that I didn't know where there either. I'm so confused

adaptableLake3534 May 24th, 2020

@Fleggles

I'm so glad you have a trusted therapist to work with. Trauma work is challenging. I could identify with the idea of reading it and knowing it was you, but being detached from it. Feels like hanging in limbo because it's just so much to process. Give yourself plenty of space to just acknowledge where you're at with it, maybe Journal some about what you're experiencing and share it with your therapist. These things take time to process. Little bits at a time. Sending healing energy your way...