Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My dad is a monster

ShyFish16 June 14th, 2015

My dad tried to choke my brother until he passed out. I'm still mad about it to this day.

Zenikay June 14th, 2015

You can always report your father to authorities, or can call people that deal with child abuse. It can be a hard thing to do, since he is your father, but think about your brother. You wouldn't want him to suffer anymore, would you?

Positivityiskey247 June 14th, 2015

I'm sorry to hear about this, I really am. Things like this are horrible but the truth is there are worse dads out there. Yes that must have been horrifying, upsetting and awful as you're not used to it. But my father is truly the monster. Ever since I was a child he would beat my mother, he left her hanging on the roof one morning and tricked her into going up there. When they divorced he took me to courts behind my mothers back to try and gain custody of myself and my brother. As time went on we grew further and further apart. He would beat me, he told me if anyone ever asked where the bruses came from to say I fell down the stairs. I didn't realise till year 4 that what he was doing was wrong. Later in high school he tried to kill me, several times over. He even tried to kill himself just so he could get rid of me, (major car cash) and now... Not only does he abuse me mentally, physically and verbally but he turns everyone against me. I got to the stage where I was in a relationship and I missed the violence, I wanted my boyfriend to hit me, kick me till I passed out. Just so I knew he cared. How sick is that?

Zenikay June 15th, 2015

This isn't a competition. We don't want to start saying "there are worse dads out there", or "my dad's worse". I understand your dad was/is a horrible person but please don't make this competitive. This is a place of healing.

Positivityiskey247 June 15th, 2015

I wasn't trying to make this a competition. You know as soon as I posted that I regretted it. I have never opened up to anyone about that and it just means that I can relate. Why would I want to turn this into a competition? If I had an amazing father yes of course, id be happy to join a competition. But this... I saw a post that I could relate to, a post that... For the first time I could open up and explain everything that's happened that still haunts me to this day. In sorry if it came across like that because I didn't want it to, I just thought I know how you feel.

Positivityiskey247 June 15th, 2015

The truth is I spent about half an hour trying to delete that post then I gave up. I wasn't doing it for sympathy, because I don't want sympathy. I know how to cope with him now I just wanted to vent. Maybe I vented in the wrong place, I'm sorry. But this was never about making it a competition. That statement has really got to me and I think it's unjust. I'm sorry if it read that way but I wanted to take it down and couldn't.

Zenikay June 15th, 2015

It's okay, I understand. I just wasn't sure what you meant. I'm sorry your dad was so horrible to you.

ShyFish16 OP June 15th, 2015

It sounds to me like your dad was also abusive. I don't think thiswas a competition. It's good to tell other people your experiences, and get them out in the open.