Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trauma Support Check-in, August 2023

WriteToHeal42 August 9th, 2023

Hi everyone, I wanted to check in with our community this month.

Feel free to answer the questions below, or just let us know what's on your mind.

1. What is a challenge you are facing?

2. What is something good that has happened in your life?

3. How are you doing?

To those silently reading, you are in my thoughts

Best wishes, WriteToHeal42

Bazzust0 August 10th, 2023

@WriteToHeal42

1. depression

2. nothing much in a while

3.not well

WriteToHeal42 OP August 11th, 2023

Hey @Bazzust0

I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with depression and not feeling well. I hope something good happens in your life and that things look up for you soon.

Do you want to share what has been making you feel this way?

Bazzust0 August 11th, 2023

@WriteToHeal42

i studied for 3 hours the day before not including the previous days and i get a d on a math test. ik my hand writing is not the best but my humanities teach gave most of my class d's including me becasue he cant read unlass you have perfect handwriting. few people got above a c. im not happy at my school so many ffriends have left me and it just sucks. everything i used to love now dosent help. i used to love cooking and gaming but its judt feels tedius now to do a lt of things. and on top of that in a society that relies on remembering so much bull *** ive been cursed with a *** memory.

WriteToHeal42 OP August 12th, 2023

Hi @Bazzust0,

The school situation sounds so frustrating. I'm sorry too that so many of your friends have left you, that's really heartbreaking. I can understand why you feel depressed, because that's a lot to handle. We're here for you. I hope you find some sunshine to break through the heavy rain clouds that you've been enduring <3

WriteToHeal42 OP August 12th, 2023

@Bazzust0 also I like your profile picture, cool choice :)

WorkingitThrough2 August 14th, 2023

@WriteToHeal42

1 What is a challenge you are facing? Trying to learn to write check-ins and put in pictures

2. What is something good that has happened in your life? I broke a generational curse

3. How are you doing? Got a very bad headache

WriteToHeal42 OP August 15th, 2023

Hi @WorkingitThrough2,

Sounds like a good challenge that will result in new skills and growth!

Congrats on breaking the generational curse!

Sorry to hear that you have a bad headache, I hope you find relief from it soon

AguaNector6700 August 16th, 2023
  1. worries about self harm
  2. went to the hospital recently to save my life. Have very supportive friends
  3. I am rebuilding after a break down. I’m worried but I am taking positive actions.
WriteToHeal42 OP August 21st, 2023

Hi @AguaNector6700,

Worries about self harm is valid. I hope you can be curious and not judgemental about why you engage in self harm, and learn alternative ways to cope

Glad your life was saved and that you have very supportive friends <3

Being worried is understandable after a breakdown like that, and I'm glad that you are still taking positive steps

AguaNector6700 August 21st, 2023

Thank you so much @writetoheal42!

I truly appreciate your feedback. Things are improving.

((hugs))

@AguaNector6700

(((Hugs))) glad to hear it

kswaim August 16th, 2023

@WriteToHeal42

1. What is a challenge you are facing?

Over the next two months, I will slowly be preparing my business for launch. I started it so I could take better care of myself and earn a living in spite of my condition, but I constantly worried that I will burn out, sabotage myself, or quit before I've tried. I've got a lot of close friends and loved ones who have voiced their support of me, so I just have to lean on that for motivation.

2. What is something good that has happened in your life?

My stepson (9)/little buddy coming into my life when I started dating his father (now husband) a couple years ago. He is teaching me so much patience right now and showing the importance of play, relaxation, and regulation.

3. How are you doing?

I've got my wits about me and my head on straight, even though my emotions have been like a paper bag in the wind. I know what I need to do; I just need to do it.

Hi @kswaim,

Good job taking steps to improve your life. I hear that you are worried about burnout, self-sabotage, and quitting. What are some steps you can take to avoid those happening, or if they do happen, how can you get back up? Let me know if you want help brainstorming ideas for these.

Good to hear that you have a lot of supportive close friends and loved ones on your team.

Also glad to hear your stepson/little buddy is teaching you so much about patience, play, relaxation and regulation. It's a beautiful thing how we can learn from each other.

I hope your emotions get validated, and that you're able to feel and process as you need to

audienta September 1st, 2023

@WriteToHeal42

I've only just seen this post. Thank you for stepping in when I couldn't do the check-in!

WriteToHeal42 OP September 2nd, 2023

Hi @audienta, glad I could help out!