Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Qingming check -in

Apeatrice April 4th

Hi everyone. How are you all doing? I hope life has been treating you gentle.

Today (April 4th) is Chinese Qingming festival.

This is an occasion where people hang out with family to enjoy the spring and a time of remembrance of those who had passed.

——————*★*—————

Originated during the Spring and Autumn period(770AD-476AD) Prince Chong'er of the State of Jin fled to another country for nineteen years to avoid being killed and general Jie Zitui was there as the most loyal friend. When Prince Chong'er later succeed the throne. He awarded everyone who had helped him. But Jie Zitui did not seek any benefits or rewards, and went to seclusion with his mother in the mountains. Prince Chong'er ordered the mountain to be set on fire in order to force him out of the mountain. Jie Zitui firmly refused to leave the mountain and was ultimately burned to death. Prince Chong'er mourned his loyalty and buried him in Mianshan. He built a temple and ordered the prohibition of fire and cold food on the day of Jiezi Tui's death to express his grief.

——————*★*—————

On this day, people take a day off from school and work to pay their respect to those who they have lost.

The temperature and precipitation increases. So It is also an occasion where sowing starts.

People also flies kites , go hiking and hang out with family to enjoy the spring. 

img-20240328-070000_1712248208.jpg

——————*★*—————

Activities;

★What do you like best about spring?

★Is there anyone you have lost and what would you say if you can write a letter to him/her?

——————*★*—————

@audienta

@Apeatrice

✨ What do you like best about spring?

I like the flowers.

✨ Is there anyone you have lost and what would you say if you can write a letter to him/her?

If I could write a letter to someone I've lost I'd say that I know they're not lost, that I'm so thankful and grateful they're doing well and are at peace.

Apeatrice OP April 4th

@communicativePond1728

Aw, that nice, buddy. *loads of flowers for you*🌸💐

I love the "that  I'm happly they ar3 at peace" partd the best. 😊 i hope all of us can solace in knowing that they no longer suffer, and move on with their memory in our hearts. 

Jaeteuk April 4th

Oh, I didn't know people get the day off school or work for this day. I just though it was a day to remember people we've lost. 

I've always like the Spring breeze.. although it can be sunny, but having a cool breeze allows me to feel more refreshed when I'm outdoors in nature. I feel with a breeze, that my senses are more alert and I can smell all the different auras in the air.. The trees, the grass, the dirt, the car exhaust (yuck), the flowers.. etc.

@Apeatrice

Apeatrice OP April 4th

@Jaeteuk

Yeah, the breeze in spring is awesome,pewsome and adoring. 🥰

We actually have three day off from school (April 4th, 5th and 6st and go back to work on the 7th)

PeacePink April 8th

@Apeatrice

Hello, I appreciate you posting about this culturally significant day. I didn't realize this day existed before, and it's heartwarming and also sad all at once to have a day to remember those who have passed. Just some months ago, I lost a relative close to me, and I keep them close in my heart. I enjoy spring and see it as a time of new beginnings and a new year.

Apeatrice OP April 19th

@PeacePink

I am so sorry to hear that *hugs tight if ok* 💙❤️

Apeatrice OP July 26th

@Aurelia00

Hi himani, Happy birthday bud. Missing you lots. (you disappeared😭 ) I can't access the pen pal community at the moment (no idea why tho, tbh) 

Just wants you to know that I love you forever and a day more. Thanks for being here with me.

( ˘ ³˘)❤

LovelyForever6990 July 27th

The wound from losing my friend is still too fresh for me to write a letter. Until then I just want him to know I love him. And I miss him... I could really use his friendship especially lately when Ive felt like I have had nobody

Apeatrice OP July 29th

@LovelyForever6990

*Hugs tight * (if acceptable ofc...)

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate rn.😔
please know that we are behind you. You are beloved and supported. No matter what happens. We are always here for you.

You don't have to face everything along, honey.

Lots of love and strength plus hugs to you.

Aurelia00 July 29th

@Apeatrice Hey Apey ! How have you been? Missing you so much 🤍

Apeatrice OP July 29th

@Aurelia00

Hugssss

I'm "fine" (trying my best to adjust everything...don't want talk abt it)

how are you doing? when is college starting?

How are those adults treating you? 

Always here for you ,Honey. No matter what happens. 

Missing you more.

Aurelia00 July 29th

@Apeatrice

HUGS 🫂 , hope you're doing well , I'm good too 😊