Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

childhood cancer survivor , 19 years later

bluePine5931 January 19th, 2023

i'm 26 , i had ALL(acute lymphoblastic leukemia) , in 2004 , when i was 7. i fought for 6 years strait, and came close to dying a few times , even coding... it was all insanely scary ....
i dont think any of us healed emotionally completely. me , my parents or my big brother. they all still try to protect me ...and they still act like i'm a 7 yo scared in a hospital .....i still feel like it never ended .....i feel like that kid

Optimisticempath January 19th, 2023

@bluePine5931 I am glad you made it through ... you all did, with something like cancer it's not the victory of the person alone but also the family and friends who stood by you .... ofcourse you may feel better physically in time but the emotional wounds take so much longer to heal and it is ok for you all to take time to heal💕❤

how do you feel when your family tries to be protective still?

blitheSun94 March 8th, 2023

My heart goes out to you. You must be so strong! Sometimes when we go through traumatic experience our development is stunted and we become stuck in that space. It sounds like your childhood was taken from you, so it makes sense that you would want to explore that now. Be gentle with yourself. So glad you’re still here!

✨💕✨