Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Vote for dedicated room for first responders and medical personnel

DarkGalaxy55555 December 10th, 2021

Propose we have a dedicated room. EMS and others need a room where we can decompress.

xandia December 11th, 2021
@DarkGalaxy55555

I'm all for it. I could have used a room like that when I joined in July. Working in a medical center that handles a large portion of COVID-19 cases in the metropolitan area where I live is difficult enough. I would be grateful to have a space where I could decompress and commiserate with fellow medical personnel about how they handle their day to day lives in this pandemic world all have to live in now. Please accept my vote for a space (community, sub-community, chatroom, or forum) so we, too, can learn how to deal with the specific problems only we experience. šŸ’‰šŸ”¬šŸ„ šŸš‘
RebelHawk December 11th, 2021

šŸ’Æ we need one. I feel bad hopping to other rooms just because they are empty. It is so hard to find people her randomly that understand the things we see and experience in the field. Having a space to call our own could save civilians from possible triggers that we donā€™t think of because itā€™s what we see on the daily. Would give us a safe space to decompress too. This has my vote for sure.

Saeka January 17th, 2022

Maybe Iā€™m stretching too farā€¦ idkā€¦ but Iā€™m not a doctor or anything close to it.

I have C-PTSD from medical trauma. Not associated with any specific illness, but because of the way my interactions with medical personnel went through when I was youngerā€¦ then later on my pre-teens being forced to make frequent invasive procedures that I definitely was not ready for. (I have a narcissistic hypochondriac mother).

Today I canā€™t even look at any doctor in the eye, I have severe panic attacks in clinics, I ran away from the ER multiple times.

Itā€™s not a ā€œmoney issueā€ because health care is free in my country but I have no kind of preventive care or what so ever because I avoid doctors as much as I can. I usually let my body deal with whatever it can fight on its own. I only go to doctors when Iā€™m ā€œdyingā€ or losing a limbā€¦ itā€™s frustrating. I just let my husband do all the talking for me.

But!

Iā€™ve been watching some doctors YouTube channels lately and Iā€™m feeling a little bit safer around doctors. Itā€™s a long way to establish any kind of real trustā€¦ but I feel itā€™s possible.

So I believe that an area here on 7cups dedicated to medical personnel could also benefit more people who are dealing with medical trauma as well as the doctors and health care providers.

Just to clarify: I donā€™t hate doctors. Iā€™m terrified of any health care provider. Iā€™m soooo so so sorry šŸ˜¢ I know your work is super important and selfless. You sacrifice so much to do your job. People like me probably make your day harder. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been lately having my husband to do the talking for me.

NurseLife91 January 21st, 2022

Yes please! Our lives are something I feel so few understand over the past couple years. COVID-19 has shaken our world to the core and quite frankly, most of us a drowning while still going back every day to save those we can. There's no one to save us, because no one really understands it, even when they want to.

DarkGalaxy55555 OP February 16th, 2022

I'm having a rough time coping with all the plague and violence and death. Maybe I'm the only one, I wish I could say that somewhere like a chat where it's not here for eternity to be replied to in a few months.