Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cumulative damage

DarkGalaxy55555 July 6th, 2022

I woke up early this morning having another panic attack not sure where I was. I've posted a few times here. The problem is that there's a big gas lighting effect on EMS and mental health. The people who akgnowledge it do it in all the wrong ways causing more psychological destress to people who run some horrible stuff for a living. Yesterday a genuinely concerned person said this: "So you're a paramedic huh?" Me: "yeah" her: "you must see some horrible car accidents then, huh?" Me: "....uh yeah." Her:"how do you cope with that?" Me in my head: "drink hard and avoid talking to people like you." Outloud: "as well as one can ma'am." It's hard not to think about them after those kinds of questions.

DarkGalaxy55555 OP July 21st, 2022

At this point I'm pretty sure there's not really any support options out there. 7 cups at least provides some sense of community of other people having mental health struggles.

TheRandomEMT August 12th, 2022

@DarkGalaxy55555

Yet people ask "what was your worst call". Like do you literally want us to dig deep in memory through all the graphic calls we faced to just give you a story so you could enjoy your time??!!