Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

On my way of Self-improvement

Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall October 16th, 2022

Lately I have been feeling down and doubting a lot of stuff, I haven’t enjoy something in the last 2 months and I just feel burn-out. I started to think about all I have been doing, what I really want, who I want to be, what I am doing with school, yare yare. And I realized something, that I need to put everything together and by getting that I need self-improvement.

I realized that I need to take school more seriously, and that I have created an image that I didn’t want to create to my family and friends, I want to be happy with myself.

I started to study with the pomodoro technique and i really like it, it’s like i have completed something and is rewarding me with that. I want to start doing exercise, clean my room, do some skin-care, study a new idiom and find joy again in drawing. But I’m afraid that I would lose this motivation in a couple of days because this happened before and I don’t want to go back there again.

Any suggestion about this would be pretty helpful and I hope y’all have a great day 🌱🌿

BodhisattvaKuato October 16th, 2022

The intention behind your actions will determine the outcome. If this is out of sheer will then it will last but if one wants to improve to perpetuate and support the image it won't. This is because images change. If this is to benefit yourself then it will last but if it is to benefit the image you have of yourself then it has no solid basis. Stability is in what you need based on what is lacking in life. What is required.

Preform these actions well and be careful of what is allowed in the mind. What we allow within ourselves will determine our actions when we act based on thought. What is desired. When the right intention is behind action there is the will to continue. Again, if this is to benefit the image, it has no solid basis, no foundation. If this is for the benefit of the self then there must be the right intentions. To simply invest in what is believed to matter. This requires focus and if the focus is on the right object it will not be lost.

🙏

Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall OP October 16th, 2022

@BodhisattvaKuato Thank you so much for this, I have been thinking about what you say “if is for the image or for yourself” and I realized that I want to have a better life, a better me and to try to have more balance in my day to day, I want to do it for myself.

And I have to admit that I have a lot of trouble focusing and see things clear I’m still trying to be better in that aspect.

BodhisattvaKuato October 16th, 2022

Mindfulness brings clarity.

soulsings October 16th, 2022

@Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall a big problem I hear about focusing is people let their minds fly all over the place. I try to set routines and if I get a text I do not look at it until I finish the project or time slot I am working on. I try to only do one thing at a time. The mind does not multi-task it jumps from one thing to another and that loses focus.

I turn off the TV and stereo or go to a quiet place so I am not disturbed by unconscious influences. Cleaning my room helps too. A disorderly room is a disorderly mind.

Good luck on your project.

@soulsings Thanks, that is something I need to practice more, trying to not do a lot of stuff at once or even stop my mind from jumping one thing to another. 🌿

Even tho for me sometimes is difficult to concentrate in quiet places lol plus there is not a lot of silence in my day to day unfortunately

soulsings October 17th, 2022

@Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall some people thrive with background noise as long as your attention is not constantly hijacked by it..

AmeliaSalvatore October 16th, 2022

Honestly im going through the same and after every few days of taking action i just feel so tired, and its so difficult to push forward.

Sending more power to you awesome person~!

@AmeliaSalvatore That’s how I been feeling too, even after I try for a couples of days I just end up exhausted for no reason. But I know that we can do it, step by step ^^