Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Day 12: Days of Gratitude, Self-Care and Personal Growth

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS December 12th, 2023

Hi everyone! 

7 Cups has an exciting online therapy update to share this month. To celebrate, we’re doing 25 days of Gratitude, Self-Care, and Personal Growth and please keep checking each day for updates!

Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey towards a healthier and happier you? Well, you're in the right place! 🚀 We're thrilled to introduce this thread for all things well-being – our Therapists Toolbox Forum Thread!

What's Inside the Therapists Toolbox?

1. 🌈 Mindful Practices: Dive into the world of mindfulness with techniques that can soothe your mind and spirit. Discover mindfulness exercises, meditation tips, and breathing techniques to help you find balance in your wellness journey.

2. 📝 Journaling Gems: Explore the power of putting pen to paper! Therapists often recommend journaling as a powerful tool for self-reflection and emotional release. Swap prompts, share insights, and witness the magic of expressive writing.

3. 🤝 Connection Corner: Enhance your social well-being with tips on building and maintaining meaningful connections. From communication strategies to fostering empathy, our toolbox has all the tools you need for thriving relationships.

4. 🧘 Holistic Health Hacks: Unlock the secrets of holistic well-being, covering everything from nutrition and exercise to sleep hygiene. Get ready for tips that nourish not just your mind, but your entire body too.

5. 🎨 Creative Coping Strategies: Express yourself through art, music, or any form of creative outlet. As a Therapist, I often encourage creative expression as a means of processing emotions and finding joy.

6. 🤲 Self-Compassion Circle: Learn to be kind to yourself with self-compassion practices. Discover techniques that promote self-love, acceptance, and resilience in the face of life's challenges. We know this might not always be easy but please remember we are right here with you.

Why Join the Discussion?

• Community Support: Connect with like-minded individuals who are passionate about well-being. Share your experiences, challenges, and triumphs on the journey to a healthier, happier life.

• Expert Insights: Benefit from the collective wisdom of therapists and well-being experts. Ask questions, seek advice, and gain valuable insights to enhance your own personal toolbox.

• Continuous Learning: The Therapists Toolbox is a great resource to get involved in.

Ready to unlock the full potential of your well-being journey? Join us in the Therapists Toolbox Forum Thread and let's learn more together.

Looking forward to being on this journey with you and our amazing 7 Cups therapists!

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 12th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Hehe love this toolbox, thank you for sharing!🌻

Journaling has been my goto from such a young age, I don't even remember when or how did I turn to pen (probably used a pencil then lol) and paper hehe, but I'm glad I did!💛

PaolaGiordaniMA December 12th, 2023

Emotional and mental healing is not a straight road, it has it's curves and slopes; but it's a road worth traveling.  Give yourself the time to travel it, take your time with the curves and slopes, just don't stop, it'll be worth it!

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 13th, 2023

@PaolaGiordaniMA

Paola, this is so insightful! Thank you for sharing. 

JuiShankarPhD December 12th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS, thank you for sharing this!

Connection, connection, connection - for me meaningful and warm relationships are the center of my wellbeing, and is something I hope to build for clients as well.

DanielleJohnsonLMHC December 12th, 2023

Sometimes it can be helpful to meditate or journal with a quote in mind. One of my favorites is: 

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.”

Mary Anne Radmacher

AshleyCoxLMHC December 12th, 2023

The mantra, quote, or affirmation I hold on to is: "Nothing changes if nothing changes".  It gives me the boost that I need when motivation is a bit low. This mantra has helped me with many challenges throughout my life.

KajsaFutrellRTC December 12th, 2023

What can help me when I'm feeling down, is to look for one thing in my present life that I can be proud of, one thing in that day.  I keep this very simple and I don't overthink it.  For example, maybe I reached out to someone to help them, maybe I smiled at someone on the street. When we're struggling, getting out of bed and starting our day is a huge step. I try and appreciate all the small steps. The small steps are the most important and necessary in order to get to the bigger steps!
 It's about being our own cheerleader, and having self compassion-being kind to myself.

amiablePeace77 December 13th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Thank you for this thread and giving everyone the opportunity to connect with each other!

There are a lot of gems in this therapy toolbox 🙏. One of my favorites is "Creative Coping Strategies: Express yourself through art, music ..." Art was always a way to make me feel free from any worries and just be with the piece I create. 

@amiablePeace77

You seem very artistic Ami and it shows through the way you write too. :) 

NG2 December 13th, 2023

The mantra, quote or affirmations I hold on to are "What's the measure of a human being?  We were born to find our meaning."  Also:  "You can be better because of something, or in spite of something.  The point is, you have the opportunity to be better."   

@NG2

This is so very true :) Thank you for sharing!

KatePersephone December 19th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS love it!