Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7th time the charm

xoNicholexo June 4th, 2017

Trigger WARNING .. (possibly?)

I once read somewhere that it could take a heroin addict 8-12 times of actually getting clean to be able to get sober..

If that's true, then im almost there. Only thing is im hoping attempt 7 allows me to step threw the sober door.

Background - I've been using both herion and meth since age 16. I'm now freshly 21. .. Herion is my DOC.

-Currently im withdrawing from meth and heroin. Feel like slitting my wrist, but it's a pain to move. (Not sarcastic)

Tip: (would NOT recommend) Replacing one addiction with another (ha) : I had the bright idea a while ago that if I replaced my physical addiction (herion) with a mostly physoclogical one (cocaine, weed, meth, ext), i would have a better chance at staying away from heroin. So attempted to do so.. Only thing is, that my mind isn't that strong. (Addict thinking, because I was already addicted to uppers..bleh)

... (Took forever to find motivation to write this)..

Long story short, day 3 of withdrawl. I feel more confident than I ever have that I'll be able to come out sober this time. And I hope anyone struggling with addiction, finds the strength they need..... "One day at a time"... Right?

xoNicholexo OP June 4th, 2017

@xoNicholexo ... Restless

Lorenzo517 June 25th, 2017

@xoNicholexo

Hey ! I read your story and it sounds like you've come a long way! I admire you for choosing to get clean. Having someone to talk to when i was trying to stay clean was a great help for me. If you feel you need to talk don't hesitate to reach out to me im here to listen!

June 4th, 2017

@xoNicholexo

Addiction is very difficult to recover from, but I'm glad that you are continously finding motivation after you falter. I definitely agree with your perpective, it takes numerous tries to overcome addition. The most important part is getting back up and resisting hopelessness. It sounds like you are on the right path, I'm very proud and happy for you!

Good luck on your journey and take care! heartxx

xoNicholexo OP June 5th, 2017

@TrueArrow Thank you so much for responding. You're wonderful and I appreciate the support. heart

I hope you have a great day. xoxo

tornwillow April 10th, 2018

@xoNicholexo came across your thread and just wanted to check in!!

I admire your strength, courage and perserveance!! You should be proud of the fight in you and as long as you keep persistenting there is hope; regardless!!

carefulCurrent8337 January 8th, 2018

hey i deal with addiction everyday,i have never tried meth, but im on cocaine really bad and smoke weed, and i have tried to stop multiple times, i have been on drugs for 15 years i am now 27 and still trying to get off, i suffer from clincal depression so that doesnt help much drugs just make it worser for me , i have self harmed my self and have tried to commit suicide twice, i was a alcoholic for years but i stopped because of my suicde attempt so i know the battle is hard , your showing an example for everyone including me , fight for us please if you can do we all can .......