Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Possible pill addiction , please help (for myself)

I have been taking oxycodone for severe pain for what will be a month, coming up shortly. I have been late on doses and experienced what I read was withdrawal symptoms. Due to legalities I will have to wait another month to get a refill. I will only have a couple of pills left following the 19th which is a surgeon appointment approximately two hours away and due to pain I will actually be doubling my dose by doctors recommendation, for the trip. I previously quit a very heavy alcohol addiction and tobacco addiction with extremely minimal withdrawal. I have never had a pill addiction and what I have seen of others and the wondrous internet and news stories, they really scare me of what I may be up against on top of my issues already.

Any suggestions or help ideas?

SummerKay2024 Saturday

@Iamwhoiamwhoami

Hello

For me I had to do alot of mindfulness, mediation got stuck in bed had bad withdrawals, listened music, journaled ,did some online therapy to learn tools to keep my mind busy.  Pills was the hardest one for me to overcome but mindfulness therapy and videos helped tremendously. Rooting for your healing. 

🐡✨️✨️✨️✨️

Iamwhoiamwhoami OP Saturday

@SummerKay2024

Thank you, I appreciate your reaching out and sharing with me.

SummerKay2024 Saturday

@Iamwhoiamwhoami

If you need someone to talk to or more resources please reach out. Community here like mindfulness already have the videos on there. Rooting for you. 

You have overcome other addictions this is different but you're strong and will overcome this speed bump. You are not alone in you're journey. 

Sending you puffer glimmer and strength 🐡✨️✨️✨️✨️

Iamwhoiamwhoami OP Saturday

Thank you and I gladly accept puffer glimmer and strength.

SummerKay2024 Saturday

@Iamwhoiamwhoami

Also for pain maybe 

Progressive Muscle Relaxation

Progressive muscle relaxation is a form of relaxation training that can teach you how to achieve deep physical relaxation

Look into it maybe. 

💪💪💪🐡✨️✨️✨️