Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Student Support needs YOUR HELP!!

tommy January 8th, 2023

Student Support needs YOUR help!

We are very lucky to have users from all around the globe come to our little corner of the internet to discuss their life journeys. We have great fun supporting one another, whether that be through school, college/university, test anxiety or anything in between. But now we need your help to continue the growth of our sub-community!

There are two elements to every sub-community: the forum and the chatroom

screenshot-2023-01-08-at-12-23_1673180638.49.png

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to either drop me a message or contact @CheeryMango (forum) and @ASilentObserver (chat rooms).

Forum Supporter
A forum supporter is a leader who focuses on 1 or 2 sub-communities and maintains engagement in the forums by posting and replying to threads with compassion and support. This role requires zero behaviour points. You will also need to have been actively posting in the community before applying.

Requirements for members:
50+ forum upvotes
50+ forum posts
Make 10+ forum posts per month
Taken the Member Oath

Requirements for listeners:
Verified Listener
50+ forum upvotes
50+ forum posts
Make 10+ forum posts per month
Taken the Listener Community Guide & Listener Oath

Click here to apply!

• ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── •

Community Mentor / Teen Community Star

You’re a good fit for the Community Mentor/Teen Star role if you are passionate about growing and developing a certain sub-community. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the activity and safety in your chosen area and you’ll work closely with Forum Supporters and Project Agents to bring supportive posts and events daily.

Requirements:
Age 15 or older
Verified Listener Badge (Applicable to listeners only)
one month plus as a Forum Supporter
50+ chats
50+ forum posts
50+ forum upvotes
Provide links to 3 forum threads written by you

Apply here!

Room Supporter (Student Support)
A Room Supporter is responsible for helping build the community within the chat room. They help create a kind, supportive environment for users and regularly host discussions to give members a safe space to talk.

Requirements for members:
Friendly Face Badge
Been a member for at least 4 weeks
Have completed the Compassion Course

Requirements for listeners:
Listener in the community for 4+ weeks
At least 1 written review and a star rating of 3+
Be willing to send at least 50+ messages per month in your chosen group support room

Click here to apply!

• ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────── •

Chatroom Moderator (Listeners Only)
As a moderator in the group support room, you will be creating and maintaining a supportive and positive community culture in the member chatrooms. You'll also take lead on discussions and help maintain a safe space for users to chat.

Requirements:
25+ group chats
2000+ cheers
4 or higher overall star rating on Listener profile
3+ written reviews
Have Verified Listener Badge and Graduate Badge
No behavior reports in the past 3 months
Been a Listener for at least 6 weeks
Been a Room Supporter for at least 2 weeks

Click here to apply!

tommy OP January 8th, 2023

Tagging our sub-community friends in case anyone is interested ❤️

@AddictedTealover98 @ajw99 @Anunsolvedmystery @AveryLove @azureOwl6812 @BellatheHappyHelper @BenjaminLee23 @BlackRose1832 @BookChunky @Bubblegumwings1234 @caffeinatedcatio @calmingSummer5564 @captainmajesty @CarthageSea @Cherry1686 @CleverPinky12 @considerateParadise6717 @crang17 @dancedance @DayDreamWithYou @DinaElwy @Dino12 @DreamTouch @dynamicHemlock1736 @fairmindedCucumber6742 @freehugs123 @Gagaintheroom @Grace8402 @GreatestClassiest @HappyTree906 @healinghearts0718 @herealways27 @honeypie720 @hopezzy @Hydrangea03 @inesovski @inventiveAcai3503 @ItsJoel @iwishuwell @izu201ph @Jaeteuk @jKempy @jrob77 @Kassy7cups @lyricalAngel70 @Lysandra @MariWhale @Memisse @mistke @munchiegoosie @nadiasaleh26 @notjustsomeone @NotKhan2 @Obstruct @Oxymoron6demon @parisayano @powerfulPark3549 @powerfulPine1547 @Purplerain00001 @relaxSea @RideaRainbow @risingsun008 @rosymaplemoth @SachaSathi @SarcasticKat @Saturn0515 @SavoyTruffle20 @SparklingSnowflake15 @StanDaMan78 @Stardew3 @summersmith15 @SupportiveMitch @sweetrosa1987 @TessMo @TheAtticusFinch @TheGoldenHand @TheGoodFairy @theheartproject @tidyHickory3283 @Toast048 @Tommehhhh @UndomesticGoddess @victoriousVoice21 @wohooradhika @wonderfulMango5023 @wonderfulRainbow817 @Yourlifeisworthy

tommy OP February 4th, 2023

bump. feel free to drop me a message if you have any questions <3

we'd love to have you on our team!

NataliaD2024 February 3rd

Hello everyone! My name is Natalia. 

I am currently studying Psychology with Counselling skills and i have recently discovered this opportunity to become a listener. So far, i can say that it is a privilege for me to be able to do this, it’s fantastic how many people just want to be heard and listened to, and the impact this can have on someone’s mental health overall… therefore, i tend to encourage everyone that wants to do something good for themselves and others to be part of the 7Cups community, either as a listener or a member.  Also, if this message comes across any members that want a listening ear, please, please feel free to message me and i will be more than happy to support you. 
Also, congratulations to all the listeners doing everything they can to support our members, you are fantastic! 
CJHere2Help February 5th

@NataliaD2024

Heya Natalie! My name is CJ, I'm also currently studying psychology as well! I'm in the process of getting into a doctoral program for clinical psychology. It's great to see another person in this forum who's studying psychology! I agree with you, 7 Cups is an amazing site filled with amazing people, both listeners and members. I see that you just began as a listener a few weeks ago, glad to have you on board! You're doing a fantastic job doing everything you can to support the members of 7 Cups :)

farhanR June 25th, 2023

@tommy

Great, such opportunities really help listeners to grow. It's not just about volunteering but also about indulging in fun activities while listening to members. Making every moment count here is what the deal is about, a great initiative by the 7 Cups team!

Tanjid June 27th, 2023

As a listener, I am immensely grateful for the opportunity to support and help people. It's an incredible privilege to be able to lend a listening ear, offer understanding, and make a positive impact in someone's life, and I'm thankful for the trust and connection that comes with it.

cottonhereforu August 12th, 2023

@Tanjid That's actually really thoughtful of you <3 Wishing you the best of luck on your listener path

Credoqueen July 7th, 2023

Hey there! I'm Credoqueen! I appreciate the opportunity to be a listener and offer support to others. Being able to connect with different individuals and provide a space where they can express themselves is truly meaningful to me. It's a privilege to be a part of their journey and provide a listening ear during challenging times. Thank you for trusting me and allowing me to be here for you. Remember, I'm here to support you whenever you need someone to talk to!

calmSoul1603 January 28th

@Credoqueen Hey Credoqueen! Nice to e-meet you! I'm totally on the same page with you about being a listener and offering support. Connecting with folks and providing a space where they feel heard is so important. It's truly a privilege to be part of someone's journey, especially during the tough times. Thanks for being that supportive presence! And hey, if you ever want to chat or need someone to listen, I'm here for you too, anytime!

DCaesar August 22nd, 2023

Hi, I'm Caesar. As a listener, it has been amazing to be able to create an environment where members can express themselves and connect with another person. Like Credoqueen said, it is truly a privilege!

aonlinefriend2021 September 9th, 2023

@tommy I truly do value the chance to listen and provide assistance to others in need. It means a lot to me to be able to interact with a large amount of people and provide them with a comfortable platform to express themselves. Being a part of their journey and being trusted enough to lend a sympathetic ear when things get challenging is an honor for me. It has been incredible doing this for the past 2 years.

strawberrymango20 February 26th

@aonlinefriend2021

Hey , That's amazing that you've been helping since such a long time. People like you inspire me, its great that you're here. I hope you've been taking care of yourself too.

ZendagiMigzaraaa October 3rd, 2023

@tommy

Hello I'm Zen! Being a listener and being there for people brings me so much happiness. It's a genuine joy to offer support and be a friend. It's amazing how a simple conversation can make a difference in someone's life. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to be there for others. Let's keep spreading positivity and making a positive impact together! 💛

lovelyButterfly2844 November 14th, 2023

@ZendagiMigzaraaa

Hi, I really have been enjoying working for 7Cups as an intern to be a listener. It feels really great helping other deals with everyday life struggles and making a positive impact through out the 7cups community. I really enjoy listening and helping people mange their stress in their everyday life. It has been a very rewarding and good experience on here! :)

neverendingBubbles4485 October 5th, 2023

Hello, I'm NeverEndingBubble. I understand the importance of continuous learning and personal growth, and I believe we can extend our expertise/experience meaningfully, providing support to those in need. I'm looking forward to being part of this community, and thumbs up to those spreading positivity. :)

calmSoul1603 January 28th
@neverendingBubbles4485 

ChatGP

Hey NeverEndingBubble, it's great to have you here! I totally agree with you on the importance of personal development and lifelong growth. It's awesome that you're so passionate about continuous learning and using your experiences to support others in meaningful ways.

Your positive attitude and commitment to spreading positivity are truly inspiring. I'm really looking forward to seeing the positive energy and insights you'll bring to our community.

If there's ever anything you want to share or discuss, whether it's about personal growth, supporting others, or anything else, feel free to reach out. We're all here to learn and grow together. Welcome aboard, and here's to a journey filled with positivity and growth! 😊🌟

Ayoe October 17th, 2023

@tommy

As a listener, I am incredibly appreciative of the chance to stand by and assist others. i hope to one day meet the qualifications to apply for this and feel ready to take on this role. I'm grateful for the trust and connection that come along with being able to lend a listening ear, and have a beneficial impact on someone's life. I also love the fact that it is an easily accessible platform as it is online so it connects all kinds of people from all walks of life to offer support to each other. I love that it allows me to offer support and understanding to people while in the comforts of my home. And as a student myself, I find the student support room to have helped so many people, and even allowed me to find inspiration when it comes to offering support to members who come seeking help with student stress. 

Mistkisapphic June 6th

@Ayoe

Hi :) I am glad you're enjoying your time here! It is so great to have you here! I agree with everything you said, It is amazing that you see building connections in such a positive way! Being able to help and making healthy connections can impact all dimensions of our well-being, including mental health. I am sure you have created a safe space for many folks! I am glad if it is helping you feel accomplished by helping others as well :) 

You seem appreciative and have a positive outlook towards everything, which is inspirational. You're a great addition to the community! 

It is good to see that along with helping others the community is also helping you! good luck with your studies.

It's been some time since you posted but I hope things are going well! If you want to talk or discuss anything please feel free to text me :) 

Arius6250 December 7th, 2023

@tommy

Hi, I'm Arius. As a listener, it's amazing to be a member of an environment where members can express themselves and connect with another person. 

impalaboy December 26th, 2023

@Arius6250 

I agree! 

Ihearyoudear January 17th

Hey Tommy, being a listener on 7 Cups has been a truly humbling and enriching experience for me till date. The chance to support others has not only been rewarding but also been a source of personal growth for myself. I feel free and grounded while connecting with people, learning from their stories, and contributing to their well-being. I understand it might not be enough, but the thought that I could potentially make a small difference in someone's life when they're going through a tough time brings me happiness. Listening and offering support during moments of stress is something Im truly passionate about. I look forward to further opportunities to be of service and contribute positively to the 7 Cups community. 

YourShouder03 March 21st

@Ihearyoudear

Hiya<3

I loved everything you said about being a listener, its a great opportunity to help out those in need. You have lovely qualities & I hope I get to see you again soon! Its been quite some time since you posted this, how has your journey been for you so far? :)

M

HigherFlyer February 17th

@tommy I'm very grateful to be able to have such an opportunity 

free2118 May 14th

@HigherFlyer

I hope you consider it! It is a very fun role and you help people! Thank you for considering the opportunity for being a listener!

CrescentSkylar August 29th

@tommy

Great, such opportunities really help listeners to grow. It's not just about volunteering but also about indulging in fun activities while listening to members.