Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel like a failure

unknowncutie August 22nd, 2023

So I attend community college and I feel like a failure because everything I have been taught, I can't remember. I am afraid that when I leave college I might not get a job or I might get one and I won't know how to do my work. I feel like I'm wasting time and money.

toughTiger6481 August 22nd, 2023

@unknowncutie

How are you defining you do not remember the items taught ? you passed a course correct?

sometimes items we learn may seem gone until a situation or topic comes up and the information comes back to mind. Jobs are very similar once you get a job and learn the companies ways you may be very familiar with the everyday things and when an obscure task pops up almost every one needs to consult the how to or instructions .....

school ... any school does not cover everything and people seldom walk out with detailed recollection unless the item was of extreme interest to them

unknowncutie OP August 23rd, 2023

Okay so I mean like stuff I learnt last semester. I feel like I'm becoming stupid, also I can't remember stuff taught to me in secondary school.

Katsuddon August 23rd, 2023

you don’t have to feel like that just because you might not remember something. Everyone forgets, it’s only natural. Don’t feel so down, I’m sure that you’ll be able to get a job and work in the future. It’s all about practice and experience!

unknowncutie OP August 24th, 2023

Yeah I know, but I just feel like one

AwarmHEART August 23rd, 2023

@unknowncutie Dear, I'm not here to judge you but failure it's the comparison of your success with others. Sometimes, we almost assume that we are not enough. However, our worst time may be the best for other people. Once you let failure defeat you, you are not coming back. Therefore, please fight it back. Life is always ups and downs. I trust you! Just don't give up

unknowncutie OP August 24th, 2023

Thank you..and I will try!