Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to get the motivation to study while suffering from poor mental health?

meowcat1216 November 15th, 2023

I would like to keep my motivation high and grades good . 

Looking forward to your responses! Thank you for reading this. I would appreciate your kind words.

Optimisticempath November 16th, 2023

@meowcat1216 it is so difficult managing anything with a poor mental health :( i can relate too 🥲 

maybe try focusing getting some rest, eating something and drinking enough so you feel a lil more physically ready to spend time in studies...then maybe some scheduled breaks for studies, you can start small wit topics you enjoy more .. it's ok to reach out to teachers and friends for studying together if you like or any doubts 💕good wishes

Jaeteuk November 17th, 2023

It's probably recommended that during poor mental health episodes that we need to make time for self-care. Do hobbies you once enjoyed, and distraction your mind from the sufferings. Rediscover what had kept you feel motivated in the past. Was it achieving a specific goal after finishing a course? Was it the college you want to attend based on yoir field of interest? Was it the future job you want to be doing after graduation that kept you moving forward and motivated?

If those goals are too far, make smaller goals. Be motivated to achieve those little goals instead. Take breaks for self-care, as often as you feel its needed for your mental health to become good enough for more studying.

Don't force yourself, but also don't be stuck in the same spot. Continue to move forward, even though if they are baby steps.