Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tips to Stop your Mind from Wandering

EspressoGuy September 26th, 2017

Hey there.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop your mind from wandering in class? I struggle with this so much. Every time I try to focus in class my mind ends up wandering. Every time I try to focus its like harder for me, and sometimes its easy.

I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before and if they have or havent, if they had any tips to help me out.

Thank you!
:)

kji September 27th, 2017

@EspressoGuy .hey u should know what is ur reason to get in classe instead of going out playing .1----- is it ur reason to understand what teachers saying in classes or just get lost ing .u should be detrimen what u want from this class .2-----note book cuz he make focus with what u want to cover .3-----get rid of panic in class don't be afraid to ask if u don't understand somthing ur teachers will get use to u that way .4----don't go or sit with boys that have drug &smoke.....etc 4---frinds that speak to you like same in a break don't speak in classes when teachers teach .5---no phone or laptop in classes turn it offffffl know &no headphone in head when teachers speaking .6----sleep enghe eat at break 6 ---no a lot of Caffè 7---u should learn how to medation &know learning take long time to learn anything ok 8-----don't say that to ur self that someone is good at math for ex .had Unborn talent pls learning take along time to learn &practice practice 9--------l wish if someone told me that don't studying in study group if don't study the material before & also see everyone how is he understands what u can't understand explain for ex. 10--don't pay attention to those people in school who they are cool &chic ...etc focus on what u want .last think l advice u is to go on tumbler app &surch for studytuml there is a lot of students college &high school u can help u either if u l ask them &there is a lot of blogs either u can read to help u

kji September 27th, 2017

@EspressoGuy don't look at ur Watch check time during the classe .&relax in classe don't be stressed ok

kji September 27th, 2017

@EspressoGuy :know somthing there is no app to bring u studying &focus like dilevery u should know focus &study need ur attention for long time .one more thing is u read 8 chapter from book one night only that not helping u just skip pages without understand the meaning it the same happened to u during the classe u don't understand the mening of what this poor teachers speake .they wIl be there teachers u don't understand on them properly they have no wrong with them if u don't understand on them go to Google or any other person or teacher can help u to understand ur material so relaxe when you don't understand thing in classes ....stay beautiful l hope this well help u

glisteningBraveheart77 September 27th, 2017

Hello everyone i

kji September 28th, 2017

@glisteningBraveheart77:hello .welcome

Hatake510 September 30th, 2017

@glisteningBraveheart77

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have a great time :D

GD

mypowerismine September 27th, 2017

@EspressoGuy I would try practicing some mindfulness excercises! Maybe meditate?

EmeliaThygesenLMHC September 28th, 2017

@EspressoGuy I have heard that taking notes can be helpful.

CaringHand44 September 28th, 2017

Hey espresso hope you are fine, I also had wandering issues but started to take notes not writing all the prof was saying only the headline, important things and that make me more concentrated than just sitting and watching

Hatake510 September 30th, 2017

This is a problem I have too. I'm looking at the board but thinking about racoons and other things :P

I usually drink water. This helps to a certain extent most of the times.

GD

River October 11th, 2017

@Hatake510 So trueeee xD

River October 11th, 2017

@EspressoGuy I really face it a lot myself :3 For me writing whatever teacher is saying helps a lot. It doesnt let me get distracted and plus point, It really helps me in reading during exams!!

EspressoGuy OP October 11th, 2017

(Sorry for not being able to reply back to every single one of you)

I really do appreciate all the feedback you guys have left me, and I've started taking some of your suggestions into mind, such as meditating, writing down notes, and drinking more water - and I've noticed a slight, but really noticeable change in me focusing in my classes.

Thank you guys so much again for all your help!
:)

Hatake510 October 12th, 2017

@EspressoGuy

Glad to know that you're seeing changes. Keep striving,you'll improve. Take care bud.

GD