Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lack of Motivation

MWIVC September 12th, 2023

Hi everyone

I'm a 13 y/o who is going to have a competition just this week saturday. I have my goals and everything, but for some reason I just can't drive myself towards it. Please, please help me with this. For example when I start looking at the problems, there's a hard one, and I'll start watching youtube or something like that, KNOWING that I'm supposed to study for the exam and if I didn't pass the first round I'm done for.

HUGE THANKS TO ANYONE WHO REPLIES

DarknessSystem September 12th, 2023

@MWIVC

Try doing a hobby that gets you back on task <3 /p

alexlemon September 12th, 2023

you could try makeing a game out of it to stay concentrated thats what i do:)

MWIVC OP September 12th, 2023

@rainsylvin like what?

alexlemon October 4th, 2023

@MWIVC find a way to make it fun i guess

CaringEzra September 12th, 2023

Hey MW! How is you doing?

I can completely relate to procrastinating and stuggling to find the motivation and drive to do the tasks. The only person that can motivate you is yourself.

I find it helpful to make lists. Make a list of everything that you need to get done and exactly how you are going to reach those goals. Put a timer on for 20 minutes. Put all your distractions away. Phone, Social Media, Videos ect. force yourself to be fully focused for those 20 minutes. Pick a task that you know you can get done easily. When the timer is done you can take a break. go for a walk. Try to take a break from the screen, (don't go back to scrolling). Keep doing your 20 minute study sessions until you feel you have gotten into a routine.

If you want to do a study session in student support I would be happy to host one. I think that when you are finding it hard to keep yourself accountable having someone else can be really helpful.

You are more then capable of doing the work and studying. You got this. Be kind with yourself because this is not easy. We are here for you. Good Luck

mooshroomdance September 14th, 2023

@MWIVC Maybe try and bring a fidget toy to focus with