Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

World Baking Day - May 17th, 2023

Jaeteuk May 17th, 2023

A fun fact about baking, there were evidence that baking existed more than 14,000 years ago! This is a time to spread the joy of baking globally. There are those who love to bake, and others who don't. For myself, baking had always been a stress-reliever. I don't use machines, and do everything by hand. The process of measuring the ingredients, to mixing the batter, pouring it in their respective containers, putting it in the oven, watching it rise, and finally taking it out to cool down. This entire process is soothing for me. I remember there was this one time, where I was really depressed, I ended up making 3 batches of mini-muffins at once!

My signature baking good is, Banana Walnut Bread. I have given my mum the recipe before to give to her friends because there was a time where I made 2 loaves and gave some pieces for her friends to try. They loved it and wanted the recipe, but when they tried to bake it themselves, they couldn't get the same results.. heheh.

If you're someone who likes to bake, what is your signature baking good(s)?

https://happydays365.org/world-baking-day/world-baking-day-may-17/

chocolate-muffin-muffin.gif

uniqueGrace8272 May 17th, 2023

@Jaeteuk
hey nice to meet you.. i must say that this is a very informative article. i dont know much about cooking and baking. but my mother loves cooking. she cooks for all of us its one of her hobbies. her signature is a dish called kheer. its a traditional indian desert. she usually makes this dish on specially occasions and birthdays .

Jaeteuk OP May 17th, 2023

Ooh, what's the main flavour in this dessert?