Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Career Kaleidoscope

April 29th, 2023

Please use this thread to share and learn about new / upcoming / rare / unheard fields / career opportunities.

image_1682756850.png

If possible, also include some details like:
1) Qualification(s) required
2) Country in which the field is most popular in
3) Payscale range
4) Future possibilities, etc

Let's try and help students on 7cups to learn what future options they can go for, if they are still undecided.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 29th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Such a cool idea, Donzieee!😮

April 29th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou you seem surprised 😎

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 29th, 2023

@Donalddraper That's my "woah!! why did no one think of this before" face!😂

amiableBunny4016 April 29th, 2023

lol. lets just say bunny is not an oldie yet hehe. But i do wanna study law when i grow up :o and become a lawyer/judge. My other side says "Bunny should become an inspirational speaker/poet! hehe!

VaryingCloud May 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Double likes from me for this one 👍👍

Jaeteuk May 1st, 2023

MDRT - Medical Device Reprocessing Technician. An older term is Sterile Processor.

In Canada, must have graduated from high school, and completed a Certificate Program of the same name (MDRT). When I completed the Certificate, it was a full-time 4-month program. Costs nearly $9,000 CAD. Now, it has become a 6-month program, and is over $10,000 but is qualified for using student loans. This type of career is needed in all countries, with hospitals that do surgeries. They are basically the staff who cleans, assembles, sterilize surgical instruments needed for surgeries. This type of career, you must not be afraid to see blood or even pieces of bones or fat tissue. This is kind of like a behind-the-scene type of career, no one would've thought of it if not introduced by someone who is already working in it. Since you work in a Hospital, the pay is decent. In Canada, if you work in healthcare as a full-time for at least 25 years, by the time you retire, your pension will be enough for you to spend for the rest of your life. Wage-wise, in my Province, for a full-time, it's about $46,000/year. I'm not sure if other Provinces have the same wage. But I know that at my hospital, they are always short-staffed, which means, it's an on-going career that is in need of staff. Mostly to cover sick calls, vacations, or injured staff. (I can tell you more if you want to know more details, I've worked in this department for 3 years, although I do not work in this department anymore, my current position is still closely related and I often visit the department when nurses ask for certain instruments and the staff seem to have trouble finding it, I would offer to go into the department to look for it myself).

You may need to check if there are other qualifications in your country, as it's possible that qualification requirements are different.

@DonaldDraper

May 6th, 2023

@Jaeteuk Thanks a lot for the info. I hope someone reading this would benefit from it 🧡

helpfulstrawberry312 September 10th, 2023

This is a cute post for people still deciding on a career path!

Best of luck guys!