Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Term paper

Filmlover12 November 14th, 2023

I have to  do a psychology term paper. I never did a term paper like this before  so I am freaking out. How can be less nervous about it?

November 14th, 2023

@Hopeandjoy12 Start as early as possible. Yes you’ll freak out. Start! Keep working! Take breaks! Start again! That’s how we all get through it. You’ll survive and no Sprague Dawley rats will be harmed either!

ItsMeJax November 14th, 2023

@Hopeandjoy12 I watched a lot of Ted Talks throughout my psychology courses 🩵 helped a lot. 

niceSea1350 November 14th, 2023

@ItsMeJax  Excellent advice!  In the OP's shoes, I would even consider reaching out to Jordan Peterson and asking him for advice on how to write a paper like this.  Who knows if she gets an answer, but how awesome would it be if he did respond!

niceSea1350 November 14th, 2023

@Hopeandjoy12  What I always did with new, unfamiliar projects, is find ways to get familiar with how to do it. 

In college, I attended workshops on how to write a term paper, thesis, etc.  They taught step by step what these projects require.  Then I could plan out a schedule for each step and take one step at a time.  Then, when all steps were complete, I could proof read and edit, and ask friends/classmates to help proof read and edit.  Then, when comfortable, turn that in and feel accomplished, knowing I did the best I could!

It is all about educating myself as much as I can about the unknown, then scheduling my steps so that I am not winging any part of the process.  Discipline is about eliminating unknowns, and scheduling what becomes known, in my humble opinion.

Worst case scenario, if you do not have friends or classmates that can volunteer time to proof and help edit, consider looking on Freelance websites for part time tutors that have proven track records of helping people with these kinds of projects.  Your success is worth investing in, whatever it takes. 🥰

Wishing you success!  You will do great, I am sure! 😀

Filmlover12 OP November 16th, 2023

I started my term paper today

NicoletteF January 23rd

@Hopeandjoy12

I can definitely understand why doing something new like this would be a stressful experience for you! I would recommend trying to find a topic that you are really passionate about/interested in learning more about, as this will maybe help to remove some of the anxiety from the assignment and replace it with excitement. Also, I would say that starting sooner rather than later is helpful, as you can break the assignment until smaller chunks rather than having to sit down and complete it all at one time. I hope that helps a little!

communitymodalexxx January 23rd

@Hopeandjoy12

Good job - keep it up!

CommunityModEvar January 23rd

@Hopeandjoy12

Good job

beyoutiful1810 August 28th

@Rainbowandsunset12

Hi! I hope you’re doing well. It’s okay to feel this way when indulging in something new. I would suggest that do not think much about the situation, jump into it headfirst.Once you’re into it, you’ll indeed find a way out. Take baby steps. Also, do not hesitate to seek support wherever and whenever required. Trust your capabilities. I’m sure you’ll come up with flying colours. Best wishes!