Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Turning Pain into Purpose: Share Your Redemption Story (#GotHope)

Heather225 February 19th

unnamed-6_1708383638.pngscreen-shot-2024-02-19-at-3-02-03-pm_1708383752.png

Have you ever experienced a difficult time in your life that ultimately led you to become a stronger, more compassionate person? Maybe you faced hardship, loss, or personal struggles that made you question your path. But instead of letting those experiences define you, you used them as fuel to grow and give back to others.

These stories of overcoming challenges and turning pain into purpose are powerful. They remind us that even amidst darkness, there's light to be found and a way out to a brighter future. They instill hope that anyone can find their way and we’ve seen countless successes through the support of our dear caring community. 

You might be a member who has made significant progress under the care of a listener. You might be a listener who was helped as a member and decided to give back by becoming a listener. You might be a user who has a story that has helped you share your vulnerability to touch others’ lives through the power of peer support. Our community is stronger for our wounded healers who prove that healing and growth are possible, even despite adversity. The possibilities are endless: 7 Cups is all about giving hope.

As part of an upcoming campaign, we would like to gather your stories to inspire others, show the power of overcoming challenges, and celebrate the impact of our community. Please consider submitting yours
via this form and we'll be in touch with next steps!

You will receive an exclusive badge for your contribution to the video! 

Thanks in advance! #GotHope

Heather225 OP February 19th
Questions: @SoulfullyAButterfly or @Heather225
Tinywhisper11 May 17th

@Heather225 I can't access the form cause of all the security stuff on my tablet computer thingy. Sorry ❤

Heather225 OP June 6th

@Tinywhisper11

if you still want to participate in this, let me know and we can collect the info another way.

Kristynsmama February 20th

This is the best way that I can share my redemption story.  I turned the single most devastating time in my life into a purpose and something that I'm incredibly passionate about.  Read about it here:

Honoring our loved ones with random acts of kindness - February 2024 G&L Community Event - 7 Cups Forum

intuitiveHickory85 February 20th

@Heather225 Absolutely!

Life has a peculiar way of challenging us, pushing us beyond our comfort zones, and molding us into stronger, more compassionate beings. I've faced my share of hardships and personal struggles, moments where the path ahead seemed uncertain.

Instead of succumbing to despair, I used those experiences as catalysts for growth. Every difficulty became an opportunity to learn, adapt, and emerge with newfound strength. These challenges shaped me into the person I am today, someone more empathetic, resilient, and driven to make a positive impact.

My journey with 7 Cups has been transformative. Seeking support as a member, I found solace in the compassionate ears of listeners who guided me through tough times. The reciprocity of support within this community is truly remarkable.

I believe in the power of sharing our stories to inspire hope. By participating in the upcoming campaign, I hope to contribute to the narrative of overcoming challenges, finding strength in vulnerability, and showcasing the incredible impact our community can have.

Thank you for creating a platform where stories of healing and growth are celebrated. Together, we truly #GotHope<3
InsightfulPhoenix February 20th

@Heather225 Done, I dont mind sharing my story

goodSpruce3041 February 21st

Got no hope.

GlenM February 21st

@goodSpruce3041 I have some for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and believing you can get stronger through this. Glad you are here!

goodSpruce3041 February 23rd

@GlenM

Thank you. I need some kindness right now. :)

GlenM February 23rd

@goodSpruce3041 you bet!!! Sending love and positive vibes your way 🙏; and believing that though this is tough you'll learn key lessons and get to the other side, much stronger than you are now!

wonderfulCupcake1464 February 21st

Yes, I have experience difficultly when I need help to do work. I felt stressed out and uncomfortable.

tealLion9329 February 23rd

@Heather225 Have you ever experienced a difficult time in your life that ultimately led you to become a stronger, more compassionate person? yes.

In my twenties I went through a very traumatic relationship with someone that I was dating for 8 years. you'd think that if you're experiencing something so emotionally damaging that it would be easy to walk away from and for you to block that person. BUT I was too naive and in love to consider how I was being treated. not only by him but also by his family/friends. 

That situation taught me that forgiveness is extremely important in order to not hold grudges, move on from something that is hurtful and to not become hateful or full of lack of trust. Had I not forgave him and his family in the depths of my soul and cut ties with this person completely I wouldn't be who I am now. 

This person had to face that he wasn't a good person on his own and that he needed to do some serious work on himself. which is another reason why I cut ties. And honestly it was the best decision that I could've made for myself.

GlenM February 23rd

@tealLion9329 very insightful reflection and comment! I think the idea of forgiveness is very powerful and often unexplored. We have 2 expert growth paths on it - self-forgiveness and forgiveness of others. I think sometimes we think not forgiving someone gives us strength, but it really just ties us to the person and entangles us in those old feelings. As you said, when you forgive (and if you can get there and even hope for the best for the person), then those negative ties dissolve and you are able to move forward in life on a different trajectory. Thank you for sharing!

BoganInDaHouse February 29th

@Heather225 hi 

Alexzheng07 March 2nd

@Heather225I've had tough times that really pushed me. Going through hard stuff can make us tougher and kinder. When life gets rough, we learn how strong we are and how to care more about others. Instead of letting bad things stop us, we can use them to get better and help people. Going from tough times to feeling strong shows how strong people can be with help from others.

Heather225 OP March 4th

@Alexzheng07

such wise words! agreed 💯

determinedPrune5176 March 23rd

@Heather225 We all need hope. Hope is needed in everyone's lives. Sometimes we might feel like we're hopeless. But we must get over that. We must take a break and then slowly ease into the things we love doing. 

quietlistener2023 March 24th

@Heather225

That's great.  I had been wondering about this too.  It is difficult to talk about traumas and negative things but I feel these are the things that have led me to finding more purpose and life goals and that have made me more compassionate and care for others.  When I felt that my heart was entirely broken at one point and people were really hurting me I made a promise to God and myself that I would never want to hurt anyone like that or put anyone through that pain.  It has made me really adverse to talking and gossiping about others.  I felt that breaking my heart brought me closer toGod as it opened to Him at that time.  I have begun to realise that all such difficulties have actually helped me to develop spiritually and in general

evieats April 4th

@Heather225

Still working on this chapter lls.

VicP April 6th

Yes! Will share mine too later

kindhearted5345 April 14th

@Heather225 I lost my mom in August of 2021. I went through hard struggles with my family and a few months later we had to be out of the house of which me and my 2kids lived with her. We bounced around struggling for about 5months then finally was able to mover onto our new house. Dispite what damaged, hert was feeling I stayed as strong as I could. My kids were my anchors. All of that helped me learn to be stronger💪💪

GentleBeing797 July 1st

I relate to that, I'm in a similar situation and I fear so much to move away from our house.. but stories like yours give us the strength. knowing other people made it despite difficulties is inspiring 🙏🙏

CommunityModAnne June 12th

@Heather225 love this!