Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Site Update: Disabling GIFs option now available

Heather225 August 19th, 2022

Hi, community!

We appreciate your ongoing feedback on how we can improve 7 Cups! We’ve been filing away all of your input and will be doing our best to give you a heads up in this subforum as we go. That said, we’ve got a lot of upcoming changes in the pipeline, one of the biggest ones being restructuring the forums.

Officially live, we’ve implemented a new feature to disable GIF animations on-site, particularly in the forums and main feed.

screen-shot-2022-08-19-at-12-07_1660936032.02 PM.png

if you go into My Settings and select this, gifs/animations would only run when you click on them, which should make the forums/feed spaces less distracting. Please note that this only works for GIFs attached using the Tenor tool built in on-site, so GIFs added manually through other methods will not be disabled at the moment. If you encounter any issues, please detail them in the replies.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 19th, 2022

@Heather225

This is a great update, H, thankyou! ❤

AffyAvo August 19th, 2022

@Heather225 Awesome, thanks!

CaringEzra August 19th, 2022

Thanks H💗

IsayUncle August 19th, 2022

@Heather225

Can someone educate me please? What's the problems with GIF's? Are they all going to be disabled, I think they're kind of fun and uplifting.

Thanks

AffyAvo August 19th, 2022

@IsayUncle They can be a medical trigger or distracting. It's just an option someone has in their settings to disable them. SO if you want to see them, you can. If you want to turn them off, you can.

IsayUncle August 19th, 2022

@AffyAvo

Thank you Affy, I hadn't considered that but absolutely understand how that can be the case. That's great then, for people to have that option. Awesome👍

August 19th, 2022

@Heather225

Thanks for the update 👍

cloudySummer August 20th, 2022

Thank you very much! This was a super fast implementation, I'll try it out right now :)

kindSoul10 August 20th, 2022

@Heather225 that's great. If it's working only for images hosted on tenor I would suggest to make it clear in the settings to avoid confusion.

frostyApple6757 August 20th, 2022

Thank u so much!

amiablePeace77 August 21st, 2022

@Heather225

Thank you for the information!