Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

July 9 - New FAQ for you!

Laura July 9th, 2019

Hi All,

Exciting news, we have been hard at work building out a new FAQ for you!

The new FAQ has the following upgrades:

- Interactive. user friendly design

- Updated content

- Ability to share feedback on the content

- Crisis referral page for you to share with members/ listeners and the community (learn more about our crisis referral page here. )

OLD FAQ - https://www.7cups.com/supportDesk.php

NEW FAQ - https://7cups.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

The new FAQ is not currently linked on the site but will be soon. Keep in mind this is a work in progress. Right now it includes information on community, crisis referral, and therapy. We will continue to add to this FAQ to make it more robust!

Sabby418 July 22nd, 2019

@Laura or anyone

I know this isnt directly applicable but for some reason random welcome messages are being sent from my account. Im fine with welcome messages, but often times, they are sent when I am not active, so if someone needs help at that very moment, I am not able to assist them.

7CupsCommunity July 22nd, 2019

@Sabby418

You can opt-out of welcoming people in your settings. If that does not work, please submit a bug report.

Erato July 9th, 2019

@Laura I'm loving it. Thank you for updating and making it more user-friendly. โค๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•

SmileyPower July 9th, 2019

@Laura

That looks very constructive and organized! Awesome job! Already saved some links from it!!

HopieRemi July 9th, 2019

This appears to be organized and potentially useful. Big props to the team that worked hard on programming it.

AffyAvo July 9th, 2019

Are members going to be given a ban option - or at least recommended to safety team a listener is banned?

Or is this just something thrown up for now, but has nothing to do with potential changes to dealing with inapproriate listeners?

https://7cups.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026238653-My-Listener-is-inappropriate-what-do-I-do-

RarelyCharlie July 10th, 2019

I don't see any "Ability to share feedback on the content", so I am sharing feedback here. There is what seems to be yet another form for submitting a general support request, but nothing like a comments section where feedback can be shared.

The article How do I connect with a Listener? says:

Browse Listeners: You will need to be logged in as a member to use this function.

But I find it works when I am logged in as a listener, and also when I am not logged in at all (as a guest, effectively). Browse Listeners can be reached directly from Internet searches, and listener profiles are also public, so it makes sense that it works without having to log in.

Charlie

RarelyCharlie July 10th, 2019

I also notice that on the Crisis page both of the phone numbers for Hopeline in the UK are wrong. This needs to be fixed very urgently, in my opinion.

And it might be useful to mention on that page that Hopeline is for children and young people under 35. I would guess they probably refer older callers to Samaritans.

@7CupsCommunity

Charlie

7CupsCommunity July 10th, 2019

@RarelyCharlie

Thank you for the feedback! We will look into this and get back you.

7CupsCommunity July 10th, 2019

@RarelyCharlie

We are updating the numbers for the Hopeline. Thank you for the information!

7CupsCommunity July 19th, 2019

@RarelyCharlie

The hotline numbers should be updated now.

mooboxer July 23rd, 2019

Hi how do you upload photos please?@7CupsCommunity

7CupsCommunity July 24th, 2019

@mooboxer

Can you please clarify what context? Do you mean in feed and forum posts, your display picture, or something else?

mooboxer July 28th, 2019

I don

7CupsCommunity July 29th, 2019

@mooboxer

Under your settings, there is a section to upload a profile image. I hope that helps!

mooboxer July 29th, 2019

Thanks, I

@mooboxer

You're welcome!

AffyAvo July 28th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity

There used to be separate listener and member suggestion boxes, and these used to be linked on the support & feedback pages.

Are we now supposed to use the Submit a Request Link for everything? If we're supposed to use the same suggestion box links (shared many times in the forums) can these be linked to the Support & Feedback section again?

@AffyAvo

Thank you for the tag! We will look into this and get back to you

7CupsCommunity August 1st, 2019

@AffyAvo

We are still looking into this. In the meantime you should be able to use the form in the FAQ for all queries or suggestions.

7CupsCommunity September 16th, 2019

@AffyAvo

We are in the process of phasing these out. Moving forward you should use the form in the FAQ for all queries or suggestions.