Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

April 25 - Now Saving Chats For A Year!

Laura April 25th, 2018

Hi Team,

A few months back, we changed how we are saving chats. Read about this update here. You all voted to keep 1-1 chat logs for 1 month. It has become clear that we were deleting messages too soon, many of you let us know that you need more time.

We have updated this to 1 year. All PMs will now save for 1 year!

Cpcoleman1WSU April 26th, 2018

@Laura It'd be sooooo awesome if you could add a "Dark mode" to the site. I talk with members late at night and even with the brightness at minimum on my phone and PC it's still very "harsh" with the white background. Perhaps having the current color scheme stay, and creating a new, night-friendly scheme we can toggle on and off?

MuddatherAbozaid April 26th, 2018

@Laura

Alslamu Alikum "Peace be upon you laura.. :)"

thanks for the update, yet i was wondering is this will make us able to keep the whole log of the 1-1 chat or just the same number of messages per chat because unfortunatly i found out that i can only go back to a certain number of messages per chat (i think 30 or 35 message) and any messages before that number can't be retrived.. i hope this update can include keeping the whole log since the 1st message in the chat as it really helps specially for us while chatting with long term members.

i think even when we listeners take a self-care time.. our long term members can go back to these chats if they needed to remember a certian thing we said or talked about before to help them feel better or cop if been triggered somewho and couldn't reach us at that time..

thanks in advance

Lifebuoy April 27th, 2018

Saving is good...

patientKiwi33 April 30th, 2018

But when will this be processed?

compassionate95 May 1st, 2018

yes

Dawn04 May 1st, 2018

On my conversations, it still seems to be working like usual - nothing is saved past what used to be.

AffyAvo June 4th, 2018

Is this supposed to be in effect still? It appears that only the last 40 messages are saved.

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn June 6th, 2018

@AffyAvo - yes, this should not have changed!

AffyAvo May 2nd, 2019

@7Cupscommunity

I still don't have access this far back. Also, how is this supposed to work for group support?

7CupsCommunity May 2nd, 2019

@AffyAvo

Thank you for your question! We will look into it and get back to you

7CupsCommunity May 9th, 2019

@AffyAvo

If you are having issues with your 1:1 chat history, please email support@7cups.com or submit a bug report. More information can be found at our Support Desk & FAQ.

We are still looking into your query related to group support chats. Thank you for your patience!

7CupsCommunity May 23rd, 2019

@AffyAvo

In most circumstances chats will save for a year unless a user deletes them. There are scenarios where the history will be shorter, such as Listener deactivating for a break. In general, group support messages save for 24-48 hours.

AffyAvo May 23rd, 2019

@7CupsCommunity I'll put in a bug report, but in general it seems like in both cases t's only a certain number of messages. Ie. go into a busy room, you might be able to go back 10 minutes.

Ditto with 1-1s, I cannot see an entire conversation unless there were only a few messages.