Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Test—please ignore

RarelyCharlie August 31st, 2021

This is a test of the enhanced editor, which is currently not working.

Charlie

RarelyCharlie OP September 19th, 2021

An uploaded image:

Charlie

RarelyCharlie OP September 21st, 2021

Uploaded image, again…

Charlie

And again…

haGVZ7M.png

At last, an image!

Charlie

Indentation, maybe…

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Nunc mattis enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit. Ultrices vitae auctor eu augue. Nam at lectus urna duis convallis. Ultricies lacus sed turpis tincidunt. Sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus in. Urna nec tincidunt praesent semper feugiat nibh sed pulvinar proin.

Lacus sed viverra tellus in hac. Tellus in hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est. Odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo sed egestas. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Aenean fringilla congue ultrices. Nulla ac suscipit nisl. Nam ac suscipit leo. Donec nec enim ut tellus aliquam lobortis. Duis ullamcorper felis vitae viverra semper. Sed quis elit viverra, tincidunt nibh vel, congue dolor. Donec vel diam lorem.

Charlie

QuietMagic September 21st, 2021

@RarelyCharlie

😮

Indentation

is

working

citizen-kane-orson-welles.gif

QuietMagic September 21st, 2021

Oops, I guess not. This is what was supposed to happen.

OhdQm5I.png

@QuietMagic I think found a way to make up to two levels of indentation work, but I want to do more tests before publishing the new version.

My last post, above, was coded by hand.

This post used the Indent button in the editor.

Charlie

HopieRemi September 23rd, 2021

Letsmake
A
TableHowAboutThoseBananaPies?

@HopieRemi Table doesnt work @Rarelycharlie

RarelyCharlie OP September 23rd, 2021

@HopieRemi Yes, 7 Cups bans tables. I can't think of any reason they would do that, and I can't think of a way to get around the ban.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie

weird don’t get why they ban tables. I feel like it would be useful. Was it a recent ban?

QuietMagic September 23rd, 2021

@RarelyCharlie

Testing directly copying/pasting a table from Google Sheets that originally looked like this (image):

YCtOVGu.png

Table:

Column1Column2A1B2C3D4

Edit: Wow lol

@QuietMagic

is weird cause I’ve seen staff use tables lol

RarelyCharlie OP September 23rd, 2021

@HopieRemi Recently? Are you sure they weren't images?

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie i can’t be too sure.

loyalTree3713 October 1st, 2021
Testing but didn't know where else to put it (If you see normal text, this didn't work). I swear this is the only test I'll do:
"hi"
RarelyCharlie OP October 1st, 2021

@loyalTree3713 Nice! Feel free to do more 😉

Charlie

loyalTree3713 October 1st, 2021

@RarelyCharlie

Thank you!! I'm a complete novice at this (I actually got the code for the above post from another website) but I will post if it looks like something might work.

[Er- for anyone reading and wondering what my initial post shows:

My understanding is that there's a (invisible) vertical barrier/division separating "Testing but didn't know..." and "hi"

To test that the two are indeed separated and it was not just me hitting the spacebar multiple times, select "Testing but didn't know where else to put it (If you see normal text, this didn't" using your cursor, and press Shift+Right Arrow. It goes to the next line within the column, rather than "hi". This division is not visible in the post, but it could be used in creating tables (separating columns).

But also, I have very little experience with this, so my understanding might be wrong.]

The same code when tested on https://summernote.org looks like:

a3XQhPu.png

RarelyCharlie OP October 1st, 2021

@loyalTree3713 That's the thing. 7 Cups causes a lot of weirdness and unpredictability.

Charlie

loyalTree3713 October 2nd, 2021

@loyalTree3713

Test 2: Trying left align, and a vertical rule as a means of column separation.

hi
weird?
loyalTree3713 October 2nd, 2021

@loyalTree3713

So, that isn't allowed either. What happens if I sneak in the rule as an image? [This will probably go horribly wrong, but..]

hi
Roundabout
weird?
loyalTree3713 October 7th, 2021

I suppose this won't work either?

loyalTree3713 October 7th, 2021

loyalTree3713 November 18th, 2021

curious if things ever changed, so testing the blockquote tag:

Hihi

Hihi

-----

and wanted to try another thing (as a visually similar alternative to a blockquote, except that it's messy) :

hihi

RarelyCharlie OP November 18th, 2021

@loyalTree3713 My last attempt was like this:

A stitch in time saves nine.

But I think it broke after a while.

Charlie

RarelyCharlie OP November 18th, 2021

@RarelyCharlie Yes, it broke 😞

Charlie

loyalTree3713 November 18th, 2021

@RarelyCharlie

agh, sucks that it broke! :(

AffyAvo September 23rd, 2021

Flag team, testing the flag feature, please ignore flags.

RarelyCharlie OP September 28th, 2021

Confirming the image size bug…this should be small:

decoe4.png

Charlie

50% hopefully…

decoe1g.png

Charlie

And 100%…

decoe2g.png

Charlie

decoe3g.pngFloat right?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Nunc mattis enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit. Ultrices vitae auctor eu augue. Nam at lectus urna duis convallis. Ultricies lacus sed turpis tincidunt. Sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus in. Urna nec tincidunt praesent semper feugiat nibh sed pulvinar proin.

Lacus sed viverra tellus in hac. Tellus in hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est. Odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo sed egestas. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Charlie

decoe4g.pngAnother way…

Charlie

And again…

decoe5g.pngLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Charlie

Well, this is tedious…

decoe6g.pngLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Charlie

At last!

Charlie

RarelyCharlie OP October 2nd, 2021

Still troubled by blockquotes…

Few black taxis drive up major roads on quiet hazy nights.

And so?

So maybe…

This?

Or maybe…

This?

QuietMagic October 19th, 2021

Testing to confirm that the default forum editor also butchers all of my formatting that is copy-pasted from Google Docs despite appearing completely normal in the WYSIWYG editor prior to posting.

Expected display:

ewvVPxa.png

Actual display:

DBTuesday is a series of posts where we will explore skills and concepts from dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). See this post for general info about DBT.

The next several posts will focus on mindfulness, which is the first module of DBT skills training.

What is mindfulness?

Mindfulness is gently noticing what is happening. 😊

There are two parts to this:

1) Awareness ("noticing what is happening"): deciding to focus on what is happening in one's experience here and now

2) Acceptance ("gently"): doing this in a non-judgmental, nurturing way with the attitude that it is okay to think or feel whatever happens to be there (you're allowed to be whatever you are 💜)

Two types of mindfulness

There are lots of different mindfulness practices. For example, HERE is a 7 Cups page with dozens of mindfulness audio exercises.

Here are a couple general categories for classifying mindfulness practices:

1) Opening the mind: watching whatever happens to be in one's awareness and allowing things to come and go freely

2) Focusing the mind: trying to keep one's attention on a specific thing (e.g. breathing)