Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Test—please ignore

RarelyCharlie August 31st, 2021

This is a test of the enhanced editor, which is currently not working.

Charlie

RarelyCharlie OP August 31st, 2021

@RarelyCharlie That worked, at last. But can I reply? Let's try some paragraphs. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. A third. Nunc mattis enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit. Ultrices vitae auctor eu augue. Nam at lectus urna duis convallis. Ultricies lacus sed turpis tincidunt. Sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus in. Urna nec tincidunt praesent semper feugiat nibh sed pulvinar proin. And a fourth. Lacus sed viverra tellus in hac. Tellus in hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est. Odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo sed egestas. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie No paragraphs Frowning

Let's try another way. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

A third. Nunc mattis enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit. Ultrices vitae auctor eu augue. Nam at lectus urna duis convallis. Ultricies lacus sed turpis tincidunt. Sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus in. Urna nec tincidunt praesent semper feugiat nibh sed pulvinar proin.

And a fourth. Lacus sed viverra tellus in hac. Tellus in hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est. Odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo sed egestas. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie Paragraphs! But that wrecked the signature. Let's try this. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. A third. Nunc mattis enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit. Ultrices vitae auctor eu augue. Nam at lectus urna duis convallis. Ultricies lacus sed turpis tincidunt. Sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus in. Urna nec tincidunt praesent semper feugiat nibh sed pulvinar proin. And a fourth. Lacus sed viverra tellus in hac. Tellus in hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est. Odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo sed egestas. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie Now the signature is OK but the paragraphs vanished again Symbols on mouth

Yet another attempt. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

A third. Nunc mattis enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit. Ultrices vitae auctor eu augue. Nam at lectus urna duis convallis. Ultricies lacus sed turpis tincidunt. Sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus in. Urna nec tincidunt praesent semper feugiat nibh sed pulvinar proin.

And a fourth. Lacus sed viverra tellus in hac. Tellus in hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est. Odio pellentesque diam volutpat commodo sed egestas. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie At last! Tongue

Charlie

RarelyCharlie OP September 1st, 2021

Check the forum censor again…

The chapter I'm writing this week started with a big argument and I am going to end it with a love scene.

RarelyCharlie OP September 2nd, 2021

@RarelyCharlie Testing subscription…

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie again…

Charlie

QuietMagic September 2nd, 2021

Test post for checking various things

• Here is a bullet
  • Here is also a bullet
  1. Here is a number
  2. Here is also a number

Here is an indent

Oh look another indent how about that

Even more indents for some reason

Why are there so many indents

Checking emojis Slightly smilingGrinningFrowningRed heart

Checking font 10 and font 20

Here is an image, indented by one tab:

Here is a link

Testing block quote

I don't expect this to work but why not try. -Me

Here is some bold text, some italic text, some underlined text, some strikethrough text, some subscript text, and some superscript text

@QuietMagic Thank you Smiling with smiling eyes

Any idea why 7 Cups would ban indents? They've also banned borders, but they made an exception for that pale grey block quote border.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie

I can't really guess as to why they would have removed it, especially given that at some point they used to allow it.

@QuietMagic

I have forum editing privileges. Tested that and confirmed that post editing does NOT currently work with the enhanced editor.

1) What I tried to add to my post above

2) What happened after clicking "Save"

And of course there is nothing objectionable in my edit or my original post. Slightly smiling

@QuietMagic That's what I was afraid of. Are you using a browser like Firefox or Chrome that has developer tools?

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie

I'm accessing 7 Cups with the latest version of Firefox (91.0.2 64-bit)

@QuietMagic Aha! So you could go back to the 7 Cups editor, edit a post and capture the editor's FORM tag for me? Do you need more details?

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie

Ah yes, if I could have some step-by-step instructions that would be great and I'd be happy to check it.

@QuietMagic OK, go to the Tampermonkey icon in Firefox's toolbar and turn off the Forum inline editor.

Refresh this page and edit a post with the standard editor.

Right click inside the editor and choose Inspect.

Scroll up and click the line that starts with <form

Right click and choose Copy, then Outer HTML.

Paste the HTML in pastebin (without logging in). You can make it expire after 10 minutes.

Message me with the link.

Charlie

RarelyCharlie OP September 4th, 2021

@RarelyCharlie I wonder what happens if I unsubscribe…

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie It worked.

Charlie

Just a quick check.

Charlie

QuietMagic September 4th, 2021

Testing to see if the "Subscribe" checkbox associated with the enhanced editor now re-subscribes me (after manually unsubscribing from this thread)

It worked--I am now subscribed to the thread.

Test #1: posting in a thread with "Remain subscribed" checkbox in lower-left marked should continue to keep me subscribed

It worked--I am still subscribed to the thread.

Test #2: posting in a thread with "Remain subscribed" checkbox in lower-left un-marked should unsubscribe me.

It worked--I am now unsubscribed.

Post editing is not working. I attempted to edit one of my posts above and re-post.

• The actual editing interface looks fine and seems to work the same as usual (with the new/additional drop-down in the lower-right).
  • After clicking "Send", the contents of the edit window change to show the underlying HTML. The "Send" button changes to a loading circle/dots but it hangs there and never proceeds any further. I've left it for about 5 minutes and it's still trying to send.

@QuietMagic Darn. Thank you for testing it. I need to investigate some more.

Charlie

Testing posting three lines of text each separated by a single line [Shift+Enter]

Line 1 Line 2 Line 3

@QuietMagic Oh no! More problems!

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie

Yay for testing, lol

RarelyCharlie OP September 15th, 2021

We can embed video now?

RarelyCharlie OP September 16th, 2021

But colours and images don't work? 😂

Oh, text colour works but in an obsolete way. *sigh*

And images, just to confirm?

decob0.png

So images can be inserted manually. It's just the image button that's broken. Haha, "just" 😬

QuietMagic September 16th, 2021

@RarelyCharlie

How were you able to insert an image? Thanks!

@QuietMagic In general, go to the new editor's demo page: Summernote. Do the thing you want, for example use the Picture button to insert an image, and click the image to resize it. Then press the Code View button to see the HTML code that was generated.

Back in 7 Cups, right-click in the editor and choose Inspect. A div with class="note-editable card-block", or some element inside that div, should now be selected in the Elements tab.

Right-click the div, or any element inside the div, and choose Edit as HTML. Paste the code you copied and press Ctrl+Return to save it. Now you can close the Developer Tools window and continue in 7 Cups.

But…7 Cups removes some code, which breaks certain features. I was able to change the text colour this way, but 7 Cups removed the background colour.

decob0.png

And 7 Cups removed that image's size setting this time (but not the previous time). Hmmm.

QuietMagic September 16th, 2021

@RarelyCharlie

Wow, thank you! Bookmarking this post. (I hope I won't need it and that this will be fixed quickly, but I know better. 😊)

RarelyCharlie OP September 19th, 2021

Version 3 prototype using summernote.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie Again as a reply

Charlie

A remote image, resized:

decoe2.png

Charlie