Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

May 2024 Ambassador Update!

Heather225 May 20th

Presenting the latest from our Ambassador Team, and their projects. After you're done reading, please give them a shoutout for all their hard work and service to the community in replies!

(If the text is not displaying, click here to read it in doc form.)

AnnaSilverberg: Hay everyone✨! Summer has come for many of us, for others it’s on its way. This month, we have been putting together a project that will focus on increasing outreach towards our Newbies. More of that will come soon, so stay tuned.
We have also been updating our Check-in games that are commonly held in the Listener Support Room.
We aim to test out the Check-in games in the Teen Listener Room in the near future.
We also have a wonderful new Project Agent on the team and welcome @Kristynsmama to the team.
The Community Guidelines has now a new master post where all the forum posts can be found, see that here. There are also more posts upcoming in the “My Cup of..” series, here’s the latest post. I wish you all a wonderful rest of your day. 

Jenna: This month we have worked hard on Peer Support outreach, focusing on finding listeners for the team. While we reached out to 46 listeners, we brought on 7 new Peer Supporters. We are currently in the writing process of working toward improving our team quality through form-based quizzes and offering feedback to those who take the quizzes. We reached out to everyone on the team for a check-in and everyone seems to be doing well within the team which is wonderful to hear.

@ASilentObserver rolled out a new project for buddies. Peer support is included in this and we hope this will be an effective way for new and old team members to get accustomed and feel supported in their roles. Thanks, Obs for this opportunity.

If you would be interested in supporting your fellow listeners, check out the Peer Support project. It’s a great role to get started on in a leadership journey. We’d love to have you!

Gia (LittleBirdie30) - Care Team
Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great week and that the weather continues to get more beautiful! We are excited to have the Care Team continuing to grow so that we can continue our mission of supporting our fellow amazing Listeners! Thank you to all of our amazing Care Team Guides because this team wouldn’t be what it is without you and we appreciate you from the bottom of our hearts.

We are so excited to have welcomed @daydreammemories and @MindfulJourney22 since the last Ambassador Update! I am also thrilled to announce that @SnowTabby will be joining us as the newest Ambassador for Quality/Care Team!! Please give everyone a huge congratulations when you see them! 

If you are interested in becoming a Care Team Guide, you can find the application here. If you have any questions, you can message me, @MelodyoftheOcean (self-care break), or @SnowTabby. 

As always, if you know of anyone that you think could benefit from someone reaching out, you can fill in the Care Team Referral Form! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!! ❤️

hopedreamlove - Listener Chatrooms
Hello hello hello! As always, I hope you are all doing alright. 

Since the last update, the listener chatroom support team has gained many new leaders. We were super excited to onboard @Tuffattack, @Isabella4, @daydreammemories, @HopefulBambi, @Heartsandrosesandpaws, @DanCat1128, and @Chyni. We also onboarded a fantastic new project agent, @Fuechsin. Please join me in congratulating these wonderful leaders. If you are interested in becoming a Listener Chatroom Supporter (LCS), please click here for more info.

We have been working hard to ensure that chatroom guidelines and etiquette are clear for everyone. Recently, we created a post that clarifies the guidelines regarding casual chat in the Listener Support Room. You can read the post here

May this month be full of joy and kindness for each of you. Until next time ♡

ASilentObserver - Group Support Chas, Verified Listener program, Teen Transition program

Group Support Chats: 

On the member group chat front, a few key updates

1. The trauma group chat is open every weekend now for 24 hours. A big thank you to @audienta, @willingtohelpu, and the Trauma team for constantly going above and beyond to scale up support for the members with trauma struggles. 

2. If you are 35+, you can access 35+ exclusive group chat 24/7 available for shares, meaningful conversations, and support & empowerment to each other in this mental health journey. 

3. Also, a huge shout out to @Lou73 for going above & beyond to make Hosting Heroes a success. It is lovely to see how everyone is coming together to recognize and appreciate the discussion leaders and hosts' efforts in the group chat. I appreciate and am grateful to all hosts for their contribution and compassion in leading group discussions. 

4. We started a Group Chat- Ask Me Anything forum discussion to answer any questions, or confusion related to group chats. If you have one, share it with us here

Support, compassion, and empowerment are the outcomes of everyone’s efforts in the group support chats. Thank you all for coming together and being here for each other. 

Verified Listener Program: 

On the Verified Listener program, a couple of key updates are: 

1. @izzyy528 stepped up to help me oversee and support the Verifier Team as Teen Project Agent and already going above and beyond to ensure a smooth process. 

2. Also, a couple of new members joined the Verifier Team to guide the listeners to become Verified Listeners. If you aren’t a Verified Listener yet or don’t know what is a Verified Listener, you can learn more about it and apply here: Get Verified on 7Cups! 

3. We are working on updating the Join the Verifier Team application to keep it up to date as per current community needs. 

Teen Transition Program

1. We are doing outreach to recruit Teen Transition Supporters. If you are interested in becoming a transition supporter, please learn more about the role here or you can send me a message with any questions or thoughts you may have..

2. Thank you to @heather225 for starting the Adulting 101 forum discussion for teens. If you are a teen and have any questions related to adulting, you can ask in this thread and we will get back to you with our thoughts to support you. We are also working on a group chat version to lead Adulting 101 discussions in the teen group chats. 

3. Also, if you are a teen, let us know your birthday here and we would love to celebrate your birthday with the community. 

4. Stay tuned to get to know our wonderful ATL team members. ATLs are adult-teen listeners who are adults and trained to offer support to the teens in the teen community. We will be launching a cool initiative where we will interview our ATLs and share their thoughts, tips, and experiences with teens. 

InternalAcceptance - Anonymous Evaluation Team
We recently welcomed @KristynsMama to team leadership as a Project Agent.  Starting in June, she will be hosting AMAs on the first Tuesday of the month to spread awareness about the team and answer any questions you all may have.  This will most likely be in the Listener Discussion Room, though that’s still to be determined.  

We welcomed @daydreammemories @iPhoenix @HopefulBambi and @TheOnlyChresser to the team in April and @Train1 in May.  

DreamTouch and PositivePumpkin22- Leadership Development Program
Hi all! Hope everyone is doing alright. We’re excited to share with you that @Mahad2804 has joined us as a Mentor Leader for LDP focussing on Sub-communities. We’re excited to see what they bring to the program. Please join us to congratulate them here.

On the trainee front, we had 4 new graduates on our Leadership Development Program - @JustSophia, @TheOnlyChresser, @daydreammemories, @Brightlynx1428. Big congratulations to all of you!

As usual our program has been running smoothly on the daily tasks - thanks to the LDP team. We’ve been able to process/complete all tasks within 3-6 days of submissions. We look forward to welcoming more trainees in the program and to witness their growth as future leaders! If you’re interested, please apply from here 

tommy: Hi everyone! It has been another fun filled month and we have continued to strengthen our communities. Please click here to find our latest forum discussions and events for April, a great starting point if you're new to the forum or if you'd like to get more involved with what we have to offer. If you are interested in supporting our forums as a leader please do not hesitate to reach out to me or submit an application here. Here's to another amazing month!

Woohoo! What a powerpacked update with soooo many wonderful leaders being onboard and the teams doing great as ever.💛

Big congrats to the new leaders.💛

Thank you to each one of you, for going above and beyond in continually strengthening support and compassion within our community.💛

SparkyGizmo May 20th

@Heather225

Hi everyone! 😊 ❤️ Many thanks for the updates as well as for all of the hard work! 

Congrats to all that are in new roles! 🥳 This is so very exciting! 

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

Antonio7Cups May 20th

@Heather225 

animated-thumbs.gif

HopieRemi May 20th

This is awesome!

Lou73 May 20th

@Heather225

Thank you for the update Heather, good to see all the projects going on and thank you to all the volunteers that make it possible 💚💙💜

GlenM May 20th

What an amazing crew of gifted, thoughtful, strategic, and smart leaders. Thank you all for helping us make 7 Cups a warmer and more effective retreat/home for all who visit us!

chyni May 20th

@Heather225

wow! that’s a lot ☺️🫶🏽 thanks for the update Heather! thank you to everyone who contributed to 7 cups, making it a better & brighter place to those in need 💗 i’m truly blessed to have you all as my teamates 

calmMango9611 May 21st

@Heather225 Thanks for the updates. Nice to hear from the whole Ambassador team. Nice to see some new leaders on the team. Nice to see some old friends from my listener days here at 7cups.

BismaKanwal May 21st

@Heather225 thank-you-thanking-you.gif

plushFlute27 May 23rd

@Heather225 

Congratulations everyone! Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication into this community. I'm so proud of you and keep up the good work! You guys are an inspiration to all of us here at 7cups.