Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

June 2024 Community Update!

GlenM May 31st

Dear Community,

I hope all is well! My oldest kids, the twins, just finished their freshman year and my youngest 2 daughters are now on summer break. I’m very happy to have the whole crew back together again! 

We’ve been working hard on a number of fronts on the product end. Here is a list of quick updates:

- New onboarding has launched and we are now on version 4.1. Think of this as our greeting space when someone comes to 7 Cups. We are now doing a much better job of sharing what we do here with new users.

- Learn, Explore, Grow (LEG) Dashboard - will launch very soon. These are daily, simple, easy steps that a person can take to heal and grow. Learn are short lessons (under 1 minute). Explore is engaging with others. Grow is tracking sleep and water intake. We think this will help people make daily progress on their journey and help people feel better at a faster rate.

- Noni - we are updating Just-in-Time-Training (JITT) for listeners and also Noni to do a better job. We are nearing the point where we are ready to let Noni have her own page to share more about how we built her as a community and some of the research that supports her chatting and JITT.

Last, H shared this snippet of text with me from @OAzureO the other day (with their permission I’m sharing here too). It captures the heart of all of the good people that we have here. I’m a big believer in the power of a collective group of people working together to do good. I think there are ways that we understand how this works and many other ways that we don’t quite understand yet, but can feel/sense on a deeper level. @OAzureO captures the beauty and transformative power of our community.

AD_4nXc-xCaDhDaA5XthWtZEuybJERkhoIq_hBLDto-glCtwFtBOssnu-hUDwXfyNHRR8KXItOl934QcpBk13pd6lxbPbJgiT9TOhwdfsu1cJBTSVrSQdJkjKwSsAos3SYbxkMv-kIGwnntaYGmenJo_eet7TdAN?key=QH3khIy0n4phDvc8inXdFg

Thank you all for building a concentration of the best parts of humanity. And, thank you for making 7 Cups a soft place to land! I’d also add that we are a great place to also heal and grow. There is so much about us that makes us different. I’ll share more on this in a post I’m just starting to work on.

With respect and gratitude,

Glen 

H
And that’s a wrap on Mental Health Awareness Month! Thanks to everyone who hosted sessions and created forum content! I’ve put together a masterpost of those forum threads for your reading pleasure. If you made a post under any topic in honor of the month, please leave the link in the replies and I’ll add it!

Speaking of forum posts, I have revived our Listener Classifieds post! Listeners who are accepting new chats, I encourage you to introduce yourself in the thread and members can pursue the available listeners and contact those that might be a good fit for them!

If you’re curious about what our Ambassador Team has been up to, swing by after this post to check it out here! They work tremendously hard and there’s a lot of great opportunities open in each of their domains to you, if you’re interested in getting involved!

And I’ll leave you with this last post I wrote about my personal story of hope!

Laiba

Work continued on the conquering anxiety series. In May, we covered the cycle of anxiety, coping skills that can be used as we start tackling our anxiety, the role of diet and exercise in conquering anxiety along with information on exposure therapy. The series is still ongoing which means you can still catch up and avail the certificate which will be provided after the series ends. You can find all the posts here. 

We reviewed and tightened the 7 Cups Internship program. Updates were made to  7 Cups Internship Honors project options and we hope that these are a better fit for our interns. The update can be found here. Additionally, a new internship hours system post was created. We also added a short FAQ section to internship requirement lists. 

Attention teens! There is another teen-exclusive challenge (this time also open to adult-teen listeners) in town and its called the Streaks of Service, the goal is to do 1 good deed for yourself and one for others for 7 days in a row! More information can be found here.

Lastly, academy sub-communities are seeking strong leaders who can lead a fun engaging space for trainees, graduates, and potential trainees. More information can be found here. 

Obs

This month, in the group support news, a big shout out and thank you to all who led and participated in the group discussions during our Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental health is a significant and critical part of our lives and it is important to discuss and take steps to take care of our well-being. In other big news, we are working on updating Group Chat Moderator Training to offer better support and access to the resources. We will keep you updated on the progress. If you all have any ideas, or suggestions related to the moderation role, please do share your thoughts with me.   

On the teen front, we introduced the Adult-Teen Listener Introduction Series to help our teens get to know them and ask their questions related to teen struggles, challenges or simply getting to know questions. Also, thank you to @heather225 for initiating the Adulting101 thread where you can ask any questions related to adult life, etc and we will be answering them to support and guide you. We will be introducing the Group support version of Adulting101 soon as well. Stay tuned for the schedule.  

On the leadership front, I appreciate all who stepped up into various group chats and Verified Listener program roles to support the projects. You are all appreciated and valued. Also thank you to all leaders and members for your continuous support, compassion, and empowerment in the group support chats. Your caring presence makes the group chat environment uplifting and therapeutic. 

SoulfullyAButterfly

This month we continued to explore daily reflections and discussions in relation to Mental Health Awareness Month. It is exciting to see 7 Cups evolve with our latest LEG (Learn, Explore, Grow) concepts which will include lots of bite-sized content to utilize in our lives to improve our wellbeing.

Lastly, we are also reviving our previous initiatives boosting the efficiency of our Q&A Pages. Our community is a source of peer support and answers for mental health related areas based on lived experiences are a key to understanding and optimizing our wellbeing. If interested in helping us achieve this goal, you can PM me.

Evelyne

Our Quality Teams have been quite busy on the advent of summer.

Care Team: Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! We have onboarded 2 new wonderful Guides, @sweetnutella and @HopieRemi! ❤️ We are so excited to have them on the team and see how they grow! We are always accepting applications, which can be found here. If you know of any Listeners that could use a check-in or you think of someone who you want to thank you can send in here. If you have any questions at all, please reach out to @LittleBirdie30, @SnowTabby, or @MelodyoftheOcean. We are excited for everything to come this summer!

Listener Training Team- -we had a trainee complete their month of training and officially graduate. Congratulations!

CheeryMango

A big thank you to all of the community leaders and members who took the time to sign up and help out with forum discussions during our Mental Health Awareness Month. We saw a variety of thoughtful and inspiring discussions. We welcomed 4 forum supporters and 1 community mentor to 5 of our communities. Join us here in congratulating them. For the month of June, we are looking forward to celebrating and highlighting more events with you all. Stay tuned for more information. 

We are currently looking for new additions to join our Communities Leadership Team as Project Agents. There are currently four focuses available for you to choose from: Events, Engagement, Community Building and Leadership. The application form and full details of what we are looking for can be found here

A friendly reminder for all forum supporters, community mentors and community mentor leaders are asked to fill out the Subcommunity Leadership Check-In Form for the month of May so we can keep updated on what’s going on in your team and roles and see how we can offer our assistance. 

Lastly, if you notice or experience any difficulties while using the forums, please help us to track and report any bugs in this thread. A gentle reminder when reporting bugs or issues, please give as much detail like time and location as to where it was experienced and include screenshots or any error codes so we can properly investigate it. Thank you for your continued support and here’s to what the new month brings. 

LittleBirdie30 May 31st

@GlenM Love this community!

GlenM OP May 31st

@LittleBirdie30 me too! 💗

Tinywhisper11 May 31st

@GlenM thankyou glen ❤ thank You everyone ❤ 7 cups is a family to me. And I love and appreciate you all and the hard work you put into this site, into helping everyone ❤❤

GlenM OP May 31st

@Tinywhisper11 family to me too! thanks for being an encouraging member of our community and for keeping us in your thoughts!

calmMango9611 May 31st

@GlenM Thanks for the updates. I really enjoyed reading them.

GlenM OP May 31st

@calmMango9611 thanks calmMango! Appreciate you keeping us in your thoughts!

navyTalker73 May 31st

I am grateful for finding 7 cups and to see lots of amazing people here where it's difficult to see a bunch of wonderful people in real life. It's great that 7cups is making a difference, thanks for the entire team behind this.

GlenM OP May 31st

@navyTalker73 thanks for being an amazing addition to out community 🙌

Suryansh May 31st

@GlenM

I enjoyed reading the updates from various areas of 7 Cups! Thank you, Glen and the admins, for sharing them.

GlenM OP May 31st

@Suryansh you are welcome! Each time I see you I think of your streak. So folks know Suryansh made it to a remarkable 293 days! 💪

HopieRemi May 31st

@GlenM

Awesome updates, always glad to see the progress!

GlenM OP May 31st

@HopieRemi thank you for all of your support and encouragement!

HopieRemi May 31st

You’re welcome @GlenM

daydreammemories May 31st

@GlenM

Awesome! Thank you for everything, and well done everyone 💚

GlenM OP May 31st

@daydreammemories you are very welcome! Thanks for being a part of our community ✨

SparkyGizmo May 31st

@GlenM

Hi everyone! 😊 ❤️ Many thanks for the updates as well as for all of the hard work. 

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

GlenM OP May 31st

✋ high five! @SparkyGizmo

OAzureO May 31st

😍

GlenM OP May 31st

@OAzureO thanks for letting us share your reflections. I thought they were a beautiful reflection of our community!

WeEarth June 1st

Thank you @GlenM for everything 💓 Looking forward to contributing my best for our 7 Cups family 

GlenM OP June 3rd

@WeEarth thank you for all the heavy lifting you do around here!

WeEarth June 4th

@GlenM

you-make-my-heart-smile-heart.gif

@GlenM Definitely, a wonderful and diverse community. I'm so lucky to be here and be a part of it! Thank you for everything that everyone does on 7 Cups!

GlenM OP June 3rd

@xIAmAlwaysHereForYoux I feel the same way! strong, talented, empathic, kind, wise and compassionate <-- I maintain the best community of people on the Web! 

@GlenM Agreed!

Antonio7Cups June 1st
@GlenM @CheeryMango

I think someone of you maybe forgot to link the words "this thread", because it doesn't redirect you to any forum thread. I hope I am doing alright mentioning so here.

Thank you for the awesome post to both of you!!
GlenM OP June 3rd

@Antonio7Cups @soulfullyabutterfly, do you all know what Antonio is referring to here?

Antonio7Cups June 3rd

@GlenM 

Hi Glen, I mean, in the section of Mango. :)

"Lastly, if you notice or experience any difficulties while using the forums, please help us to track and report any bugs in this thread (not working)." 

Do you know what I mean now?

CheeryMango June 3rd

Thank you for noticing that. I have fixed the link in the post

Antonio7Cups June 3rd

@CheeryMango

You're welcome!

slowdecline48 June 1st

Got a lot going on here, for sure!

GlenM OP June 3rd

@slowdecline48 lots of people across the community, shoulder to the plow, working hard to move us all collectively forward 💪

diligentKiwi2473 June 2nd

I love this space and what the people working here are doing. Thanks for the update, it's good to see the map of growth and be inspired to also map my own growth as well. Thanks for existing! U found this app at the perfect time and I'm so glad I did. You guys are amazing! Keep up the great work , it's appreciated!

calmMango9611 June 2nd

@diligentKiwi2473 As one of many community leaders here, thanks for writing this comment. This really made my day. You're amazing.

you-are-beautiful-stunning.gif

diligentKiwi2473 June 3rd

Thank you for the response 😊 your comment made me genuinely happy! Thank you 🙏 😊

GlenM OP June 3rd

@diligentKiwi2473 great points about how it is individual and collective at the same time. We grow as individuals and we also grow as a community. One informs the other. When we level up, the whole community levels up. 

And glad you found us at the perfect time! I think there are many people that feel that same way here.

diligentKiwi2473 June 3rd

😁 thank you !