Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

California

GlenM June 18th, 2018

7 Cups started off as a service where one person that was going through a hard time could connect with another person that was willing to listen to them. This very simple beginning was the start of a journey that led us to where we are today. Now we have chatrooms, forums, leadership programs, active listening training, sub-communities, Noni, iOS and Android apps, and therapists. We have worked together to create a free emotional support system where anyone that is going through a challenge can find multifaceted support to help them grow stronger.

Over the years, we have continued to work towards our mission of becoming a global community that can support anyone for free all over the world. I am very proud of what we have accomplished thus far. And excited to continue working towards our goal for years to come!

Today, I have some great news to share with you. Right now, were figuring out a way to work with the California health system to bring more help and services to the residents of California.

We have been chosen to work with various counties in CA on this project. We do not yet know all of the details (Ill share more when I learn them), but we do know that this will be a significant investment on their part to help make real impact in CA. The focus there will be on supporting college and high school students; caregivers; community engagement; and providing additional support to people currently engaged in the mental health system. For example, we hope to create growth paths to help transitional age youth (those in the foster system), the deaf and hard of hearing community, and new mothers.

What I love about this is that, not only will we be able to reach more people in California, this partnership will bring extra resources for 7 Cups. It will give us a great opportunity to improve the 7 Cups website and app, fix bugs more quickly and hire new team members. Well be able to provide better all around care to everyone around the world.

Its an exciting time for us! Working with California does not take away from our other efforts supporting people all over the US and the world free of charge. We will continue to dedicate ourselves to those in need all over the US & the world.

Weve come extraordinarily far by following the stoic proverb that the obstacle is the way or the problem is the path. All the changes weve made in our community, and the new features weve added, have been as a result of solving problems.

We all got here together. This ensures that we will help many more people for years to come. Were going to be able to provide better help to more people than ever before!

How does this impact you?

Just keep doing what you are doing - enjoy 7 Cups and continue to help us create a supportive community! And if you are from California, keep a look out for additional opportunities to support your communities on 7 Cups.

Laura June 19th, 2018

@glowingFreedom

Yes !! we really have come so far! What an incredible journey it has been! Thank you for your support! :)

MikeMadrid June 19th, 2018

@GlenM Congratulations... that really is a fantastic achievement. More consolidation, more resources, let's hope other counties and states follow

Laura June 19th, 2018

@MikeMadrid

Well said! We hope so too Mike!

Thank you :)

June 19th, 2018

This is great.

Laura June 19th, 2018

@AngelineRavennah

So glad you think so!! We are excited too!! Thank you for the support!

amiablePeace77 June 19th, 2018

@GlenM

This achievement is absolutely AMAZING!

Laura June 19th, 2018

@amiablePeace77

We agree!!!

MistyMagic June 20th, 2018

@GlenM

Wonderful news! How exciting, what a great project, I look forward to seeing how I can help make this even better one step at a time!

Kate June 20th, 2018

@MistyMagic Thank you for the support Misty!

faithlove1111 June 20th, 2018

Glad both the young and the seniors of California will have a chance to reach out . in the privacy of their own space . Congratulations to @Glen and his wonderful Team.

Kate June 20th, 2018

@faithlove1111 Thanks! We're also looking forward to bringing more support to these different age groups.

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn June 23rd, 2018

@faithlove1111 - at a kickoff meeting recently I met a representative from LA Countys dept of senior services (not sure the exact name) and he had some really great ideas about bringing lunchtime speakers to nursing homes and congregant lunches and training older folks to use 7cups on their iPads and tablets etc, and even possibly provide the devices themselves.

There are so many exciting possibilities that one challenge is to be focused and disciplined at first and get some things really right before trying to perfect everything all at once ;D

faithlove1111 June 24th, 2018

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn Thank you so much for sharing this useful info. It is really amazing when senior citizens who are not mobile anymore can actually use the i pads to converse and to reach out to others. Maybe even contribute articles or share their experiences. Old age ailments like loneliness , moodiness, depression , dementia and etc can be kept at bay. I am proud , grateful and thankful to you and everyone, here at 7 cups, who are putting is so much effort in trying to get this project to lift off smoothly..yesheart

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn June 24th, 2018

@faithlove1111 - it is such an exciting and humbling opportunity to increase the positive impact we can have! Thank you for the encouraging words.

Ethan June 20th, 2018

Congratulations, guys! I

Kate June 20th, 2018

@IcedEthan Thanks! I'm super proud of YOU and all the amazing work you've been doing in the teen community as well.

caringPanda45 June 22nd, 2018

@GlenM that sounds great!

ZehavaBatyaB June 24th, 2018

Proud.

CleverCoffee11 July 2nd, 2018

@GlenM

Very exciting stuff Glen. Your collaboration with the counties is how I learned about 7cups. I recently signed up as a listener and enjoy it.

Kate July 6th, 2018

@QEagle1967

That's great to hear! Welcome to the community!

Lolowise475 July 3rd, 2018

Glad to here that 7cups will be given more resources to reach more people with support.@GlenM

Kate July 6th, 2018

@Lolowise475

We're excited! Thanks for your support!

Lolowise475 July 29th, 2018

Glad more people can benefit from 7 cups@GlenM

Reececup1986 August 22nd, 2018

@GlenM

Thank you for this News. I do hope that soon we can have this role all over the World for Listeners to take part in