Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New Community Feedback Process

Heather225 November 23rd, 2021

Dear all,

I am writing with an update on a new feedback process. Fristo and several others have been gently nudging us and letting us know that we need to have a tighter process, and here it is!

1. Submit any feedback here on this form.

2. We will review the feedback and contact you via the email you provide to let you know that we have received your submission and ask any clarifying questions.

3. We will review this feedback as a community team and choose the items we can realistically accomplish.

There are a few things to keep in mind in terms of our rate of progress. First, we work hard and attempt to get as much done as we can, but we are not always able to accomplish as much as we’d like to accomplish. Second, sometimes urgent and unexpected items come up that we have to address. These can take us off track. Three, keeping 7 Cups operating requires
a lot of energy. 99.8% of what we do is at no cost. Implementing new items or providing new training is over and above the operational costs and energy of keeping our community healthy and strong.

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing what we can do together to improve our beloved community!

When to use this vs. submitting a request under support and feedback:

Feedback form:
for site suggestions and community feedback. This form is NOT used for reporting users, glitches, account restoration, or therapy queries. Please go through
the appropriate channels to file reports and submit account reviews.
Bugs: Found in the 7 Cups Help Center, use this support ticket submission form and select Product Support (Bugs). If you do not receive a reply within 48-72 hours, email community@7cups.com

Note:
We encourage you to use this form instead of the Provide Feedback selection on the Submit a Request page.

If you did not receive an email or you would like to follow up on your submission, please PM me.

GlenM November 23rd, 2021

Thank you H! And a big shout out to @Fristo for helping to bring this idea to fruition.

November 24th, 2021

@GlenM I am glad we could work together on this!

My earnest request to everyone that please submit feedback only when you strongly feel you have constructive suggestions to improve our community. Sometimes it is about a passing anger or sadness (it happens with me too), in those cases please use self-care or peer support.

Warm wishes to us all!

AffyAvo November 24th, 2021

@Fristo Can you explain the best way to access peer support? I tried before and I was told it was only for chat situations for listeners.

cheerfulIceCream November 24th, 2021
@AffyAvo

That's right, peer support is only for listeners, however it can be anything related to listener journey (e.g. bad experience in chatrooms) alongside a hard 1-1 support chat.
AffyAvo November 25th, 2021

@cheerfulIceCream Ok, thanks, I see a lot of flip flopping on that.

November 24th, 2021

@AffyAvo I used the word 'peer' broadly there, and meant to refer to a fellow cupser as a peer. So if you are on member account, you can use peer support in form of connecting to a listener. And if it is related to your listening journey and you are on your listener account, you can reach out to a fellow listener with 'Peer Support' badge. <3

@Fristo Thanks, unfortunately I find if connecting with a general listener it can be difficult to get volunteer type of peer support. They start telling me things like how to report or they say things like they have nothing to do with that here when I just want support. It's difficult to find an available mentor, many do offer great support but most of the time they aren't listed as online or even busy.

I think it's really unfortunate we don't offer the same level of support to members.

HopieRemi November 25th, 2021

Might be worth it to be a chat topic?

@HopieRemi Yes, I think that could be helpful as long as new listeners understand it too.

HopieRemi November 23rd, 2021

Thanks!

TaranWanderer November 23rd, 2021

@Heather225 will this form be made accessible from anywhere other than this post? 🤔

Heather225 OP November 24th, 2021

@TaranWanderer

yes, we'll be circulating it, and if you have suggestions for places you'd like to see it displayed, please PM me!

HopieRemi November 24th, 2021

Maybe include it in the support page ? @heather225 or included in the automated email from when you put in a ticket ?

AffyAvo November 23rd, 2021

@Heather225 When should we use this form instead of other methods that we have been told to use?

Also would it be possible to cut down on some of the fields? It's one thing to fill that out once. There are a number of aspects that need improving though. Having to input all of these fields every time isn't an effective way to troubleshoot issues IMO.

Maybe have a slot to say if you have more concerns and if you do it takes you to a second page to mention more trouble shoot feedback

@Heather225 rather than making multiple submissions

@HopieRemi That would help a bit, but it would mean submitting everything at once. I would prefer a form that's a bit more to the point, or at least has that option (ie. other sections could be optional).

I like the idea of optional

@HopieRemi Took another look and tested it out, they are all optional!

Oh yay

Some specific feedback on the form (hopefully this is an ok place to do so and I don't need to fill out the form for this!)

This part:

How would you rate the current problem on a scale of 1-10? What would be the improved rating, after implementing your suggestions, on a scale of 1-10? (10 is very bad)

Am I supposed to put 2 different numbers here, as these things are 2 different things. It feels odd to have 1 spot for 2 different numbers. The scales themselves confuse me. First is how big is the problem, scale of 1-10, but there is no scaling info. Then for the 2nd, how much do things improve implementing the suggestion - does 10 ("very bad") mean no change? Or if it wasn't a serious problem to begin with is it not possible to rate an improvement a 10?

Also feedback can be about various things, not just problems, but maybe this form is intended only for problems?

Meandros November 24th, 2021

Good Job!

Feedback can be very helpfull. I hope you get constructive feedbacks that you can turn into a better 7 cups for members, listeners and the company.

"Zero costs" can be very expensive. Trained people leaving because the got burned do have a cost, fast-training people to fill the holes left by those leaving do have a cost, people who feel they are being pushed into giving more and more do have a cost...

Sometimes paying people for the work they do is way cheaper than "zero costs".

Just my 2 cents. Not my company.

Hugs. ❤️

vivelespatates November 24th, 2021

@Heather225 is that the new suggestion box that was removed long time ago?

IceCream4IceCream November 24th, 2021

@Heather225

Hey @Fristo! As usual, you're a star making such a difference in the community! Thank you so much!

Robynni November 24th, 2021

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing this, it will be of great help to have on hand ❤️ Big love to all xo

Proposed suggestion for the form:

At the top, include some of the information in this post, as we will likely be link to the form directly.

Shorten the criteria, it's long. I also find the way the form is set out doesn't really make all the criteria possible. Ie. Focus on outcomes - is that really the focus of the form as it is currently laid out? Only have 1 thing being ask of per field.

ie.

We appreciate feedback and suggestions to improve!

Please give constructive, clear information with a focus on positive outcomes.

We will review this feedback and get back to you within 7 days.

We will post what has been accomplished in our monthly updates. [give a better link if possible, or change the wording to match a bit better ie. when monthly updates are posted in Glen's Nook]

What is your 7cups username?

What is a problem you've identified in the community? (Please only list 1 problem per form submission, you may do multiple submissions.)

Out of a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the problem, with 10 being the most serious?

Of the area that has the problem what things do you think are good or currently working well?

What possible solutions do you recommend to the problem?

One a scale of 1-10 how effective do you think your solution(s) will be (10 means the problem will no longer exist.)

To end on a positive note, list something you really like about 7 cups!

*Note, I worked of off what exists as a template. I think we need to be clear about the purpose, do we ONLY want problem/solutions to be given in this form? Or is it for suggestions in general where someone sees it as an improvement but not necessarily a problem? What about feedback about problems where someone doesn't have a suggested solution?

amiablePeace77 November 26th, 2021

@Heather225

Thank you for this form and all the work you put into it!

AffyAvo November 30th, 2021

@7CupsCommunity could you please explain when to use this form, vs. a email, vs. a support ticket, vs. a different form?

ETA The updated OP helps explain this well. Thanks Heather!

HopieRemi December 1st, 2021

Loving the updates to the thread. Thanks Heather!

Hopie

HopieRemi December 6th, 2021

Let's bump this for the community. haha don't know if bumping here does much but wee!

Hopie

QuietMagic December 7th, 2021

@Heather225 @Fristo

I see that the form was updated recently.

1) Could the wording for the first question ("Which 7cups features do you appreciate a lot?") be updated from "appreciate a lot" back to "appreciate" like it was before the update?

Asking people to identify something that they appreciate feels like a reasonable ask, but the new/stronger wording is forcing people to essentially say, "I love these features" as an implied precondition for submitting any critical feedback. This feels like it's starting to cross a line where it's disrespecting people's emotional autonomy.

2) Does the first question have a minimum/required number of responses? If so, could this be made explicit in the form (i.e. "Please mark at least one item")?

I want to make sure that my feedback won't be thrown out or ignored based on failing to follow an unspoken rule (e.g. "You only marked 1 item, which isn't showing enough appreciation").

3) A new item was added ("If you would like a response from us, please provide your email"). Will feedback that was submitted over the past two weeks before this item was added still receive a response?

I'm fine with providing an e-mail address, but none of the items that I previously submitted before this item was added have an e-mail address attached to them. I would still like to receive a response to the feedback that I previously submitted, per this note in the original post:

2. We will review the feedback and respond to you within 7 days to let you know that we have received the form, have reviewed the form, ask any clarifying questions, and highlight at least one part of the feedback that we feel is particularly salient.

Heather225 OP December 11th, 2021

@QuietMagic

Hey! I reviewed your feedback. I adjusted wording accordingly. Please let me know if you'd like anything else changed. And to answer the 3rd query, yes you will be contacted if you provide an email (which I know you personally have) in all future submissions. Anyone concerned about receiving a response who hadn't provided an email can PM me directly.

QuietMagic December 11th, 2021

@Heather225

Thank you! Looks great, and thank you for answering the 3rd question.

him2423 February 10th, 2022

@Heather225 I would like a search bar for members and speakers both. Sometimes members just get lost, or lose connection and it's hard to find them again. Also usernames here are complicated, so it would be nice.

Thanks.

HopieRemi February 10th, 2022

@him2423 Any members that you connect with can be found on your impacts page :) You can find that on the path tab

Hopie. Interested in sending a Listener Coach Request or to be a Verified Listener, send me a PM

him2423 February 10th, 2022

I know, but this one was from a previous account, I was helping them from a tough phase in life. And now I don't remember the last 2 digits of their name I can't connect with them..

HopieRemi February 11th, 2022

@him2423 Previous account?

Hopie. Interested in sending a Listener Coach Request or to be a Verified Listener, send me a PM

Helgafy April 3rd, 2022

@Heather225

Hi - thank you so much for the forum. I check in at sharing-circle each day to see if ther's something I can "give" to the forum. I think it should be said at the first page when introducing the members to groups that sharing-circle is for members of 18 years and more.

AffyAvo May 18th, 2022

@Helgafy I think there's a teen sharing circle too, as long as people are registered in the correct age group there shouldn't be an issue.