Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Traumatic Experiences Community

BestIcanbe February 26th, 2017

When I first came to 7 cups as a member, there seemed very few resources available for those who had experienced trauma, specifically sexual abuse. Fortunately I found comfort and support from some rather wonderful listeners.

But now there's a new and fantastic string been added to 7 cups. The traumatic experiences community has come alive. The effort and care from a handful of listeners has transformed it, and it has so much for people who have experienced trauma in their life. And now we have group support sessions too! Long live this revival!

And I've discovered the power of group support. Members supporting members, the knowledge you're not alone, and those confused feelings aren't you losing your mind. I look forward to a traumatic experiences sub community to enhance this further.

Special acknowledgement has to go to @KristenHR @AutumnLeigh and the inspirational @dancingRainbow45

AutumnLeigh February 26th, 2017

@BestIcanbe

Thank you so much for this post! Your wonderful participation is very much appreciated as we try to get this project flying high! heart

KristenHR February 26th, 2017

@BestIcanbe

Thank you. Without your participation and other members and listeners here, there would be no trauma community active. I'm honored to be a part of it.

Rain45 February 27th, 2017

@BestIcanbe Thank you so much for this wonderful post, it made me smile for sure :) It has been so good lately to see the support that has been shown between you all, that even in your times of difficulty you all all find it within you to reach out to others. And importantly too, you all work to keep this community safe. You guys have been amazing and as echoed by others who have responded here, without you all, there would be no community and I too am honoured to be part of it. It is sad a trauma community exists, but at least its one where people can find support and hope. Thank you so much <3