Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 CUPS COMPASSION COURSE

Laura October 24th, 2014

To all the members out there, I have created this compassion course for you!Ã

*This course is for members only, not for listeners*

Here are some important resources for you to view:

Three Components of Self-Compassion (Video)

8 Ways to Show Compassion Everyday

And Another 10 Ways to Show Compassion

This course is for you if:

- You want to learn more about how we think about compassion here at 7 Cups

- You LOVE the group support chat rooms and want to continue to grow and thrive in that environment

- You believe in the mission of 7 Cups and want to learn more about how you can show compassion in your experiences here

Wed like all those who complete this course to learn:

- The basics of giving and showing compassion

- Learn how to get the most out of their experiences in the group support chat room

- Learn how to build connection with fellow 7 Cups members

- Be a loving, kind, awesome person, who supports the community

We want you to walk away from this compassion experience, feeling well equipped to be a loving group support chat room participant.

Sending you all hugs! Please give feedback and ideas in this thread!

Note: All responses are read by community managers

Edit by ASilentObserver on 04/06/2022

mytwistedsoul July 25th, 2020

@Fireskye13 You're welcome! :)

vivelespatates July 27th, 2020

Congrats to our new compassion course graduate!

@Fireskye13

You can now apply for the Room Support Role. More infos and application here: Member Room Supporter role

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before July 26, 2020

Please remember it's a MEMBER only course. so listeners can't get it.

vivelespatates August 31st, 2020

Congrats to our new compassion course graduates!

@DreamChaser31
@Valentina9
@Stoicism22
@KaliWolfie

You can now apply for the Room Support Role. More infos and application here: Member Room Supporter role

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before August 30, 2020

vivelespatates September 30th, 2020

@Joe33

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before September 29, 2020

vivelespatates October 22nd, 2020

@vintagechoc

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before October 21

I encourage listeners to go through the active listening trainings in their training section.

vivelespatates November 18th, 2020

@SeekerSher
@moon8882
@AgentDuck
@FB92
@UndomesticGoddess
@Rea2255
@Optimisticempath
@knockoffWolf

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before November 17

I encourage listeners to go through the active listening trainings in their training section.

vivelespatates December 14th, 2020

@TreaureSeekers3
@iampapaya
@Slizzy564
@Containedchaos
@Ark27
@Gloomybubble
@Edobre399

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before December 13

Please remember it's a MEMBER only course. so listeners can NOT get it. I encourage listeners to go through the active listening trainings in their training section.

December 14th, 2020

I passed and got a badge. Thank you!!

vivelespatates January 6th, 2021

@LindseyLobotomy
@agreeableRaspberries9254
@thelastiger

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before January 5, 2021

Please remember it's a MEMBER only course. so listeners can NOT get it. I encourage listeners to go through the active listening trainings in their training section.

vivelespatates January 27th, 2021

@agreeableWest2693
@The0Vetoed0System
@Lace7777
@TheHauntedWitchAlt
@Oceangirl131
@Rachael016
@Brownchikn
@lilme
@ScoobyDoobyDoooo
@LiaMarie2007
@CallmeKir

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before January 25, 2021

BrickByBoringBrick06 January 27th, 2021

@vivelespatates Yaaaaaaaay :D Already applied for RS thanks Vive laugh

vivelespatates April 21st, 2021

@Armelle12
@EmptyAquarium
@Basorexiaaa
@Storyhymns1234
@tealSpring5935
@koala240
@greencheetah
@thetomorrowgirl
@crestfallendragon
@fairmindedWater1140

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before April 20, 2021

vivelespatates May 15th, 2021

@Heelsbby32
@elepantlover101
@InquireWithin
@weneedus
@BellaHealy2010

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before May 13, 2021

Heelsbby32 May 15th, 2021

@vivelespatates Thank you so much :)

vivelespatates June 6th, 2021

@Moon8882
@casarah0312
@adventurousComputer9958
@IcicleSnown
@Hylenia90
@dukeofdearham
@BumbleBee1523
@limegreenMelon4537

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before June 5, 2021

TheFriendlyMartian June 6th, 2021

@vivelespatates

Holy Cow! Thank you so much! This news just made my whole night!! <3

justmiles June 6th, 2021

@Laura

I have submitted the aplication! hope i pass!

vivelespatates July 4th, 2021

@waddmiles
@ve3ciel
@Lily9383
@mightbe
@Angelx28
@NewPenguin
@OneCardShort

compassion hero badges was awarded to all members who completed and passed the compassion course on or before June 30, 2021

sensibleSkies8757 July 9th, 2021

The above articles are exceptionally useful.

greenWalker8543 May 5th, 2022

@Laura I completed the course and hope I pass. This was very informative.

BasiaCV June 10th, 2022

I completed the course but I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to let you know.

BasiaCV June 10th, 2022

I guess it is. 😃

PurpleArtist July 13th, 2022

@Laura I filled it out

wolf54 July 14th, 2022

The last link is not working for me. The 10 ways to show compassion.

vivelespatates July 15th, 2022

@wolf54
Thanks for bringing it up, here was the text

Compassion is a genuine sympathy for hardship or suffering that other people are experiencing, and a desire to ease that pain. There are many different ways to show compassion for others; the important thing is that it comes from your heart. Ignore differences and find commonalities to help you relate to what someone else is going through. Whether you’re interacting with a friend, colleague, peer, patient, or family member, here are some ways you can demonstrate your compassion.

1. Start with Yourself.

The best way to learn how to be compassionate toward others is to be compassionate with yourself. Praise yourself for your successes (even things as little as making your bed in the morning) and forgive yourself for your mistakes. Focus on your strengths and positive qualities.

2. Communicate Verbally and Non-verbally.

Make eye contact, keep your body turned toward the person speaking, and listen quietly. You might also practice active listening, which involves paraphrasing what you’ve just heard, and ask open-ended questions to send the message that you’re ready to hear more.

3. Touch (if appropriate).

A gentle touch goes a long way. To be sure touch is welcome, ask first. Try “Would you like a hug?” or “May I touch your shoulder?” Gentle touch assists in balancing physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. A soft touch to the hand or shoulder during the conversation helps demonstrate your genuine care and concern.

4. Encourage Others.

When we praise and encourage others we can sometimes kick-start a positive spiral of behavior in that person. Positive reinforcement is always helpful to a person who is thinking they are either stuck or will never get out of the circumstances they are in at that moment.

5. Express Yourself.

Don’t assume that because you’re dealing with someone else’s strong emotions, your own emotions have no place in the interaction. Match your facial expressions to your felt emotions to let another person know you understand what they are going through. A sincere smile often works wonders. It is also okay to show sadness by crying or to laugh without reservation. A good laugh can be incredibly healing.

6. Show Kindness.

Give your kindness away without expecting anything back. Kindness is contagious. the person you are being kind to benefits through your help and you’ll feel good for having helped someone. The world is made better through your kindness.

7. Respect Privacy.

Be attentive to someone’s personal privacy. Protect their dignity. Shut the door, pull the curtain, and don’t gossip. Remember that sometimes people just need to go for a walk or see a movie with a friend. Be ready to listen when they want to talk, but also offer a different kind of interaction if they don’t want to talk about the hard stuff.

8. Learn How To Advocate.

An advocate is a person who speaks up for and defends the rights of another person by helping them communicate their needs in a challenging situation (such as a hospital visit). To effectively advocate, you must actively listen to what your friend needs and communicate in an assertive and respectful manner to help them take advantage of resources in your community.

9. Volunteer.

Cultivate compassion through volunteer service. Volunteering connects you to others, giving you the opportunity to make new friends and increase your social skills. Spending time helping people is good for your body, mind, and soul.

10. Consider Your Words.

Think before you speak. At its heart, compassion is about paying attention to the present moment with a loving attitude. Simple things like turning off your cell phone during a personal encounter or sending a thank-you note after someone has you over for dinner can go a long way.

Compassion arises through empathy and is characterized by actions. The simple act of showing compassion can make a world of difference in someone’s day (and in yours!). You don’t need to wait for a crisis to practice compassion, either. Try smiling at a stranger today.

MikkLuhnRozzWhuh July 20th, 2022

@Laura I did it. :D

July 22nd, 2022

@Laura I filled it out, I hope I pass the quiz and get my compassion badge

discreetTortoise8851 July 25th, 2022

@Laura, I completed the quiz.

TU100OT February 23rd, 2023

@Laura

Commenting on this and saving this post

StormsOfNeptune March 22nd, 2023

@Laura I did it! Thank you so much for making this <3

Barltik2065 April 14th, 2023

@Laura

Completed the course

RogueOne1983 August 6th, 2023

@Laura

Great, easily understood, simple, short, sweet!

Tinywhisper11 August 7th, 2023

@Laura I did the test ❤❤ tagging @violetveritas @PatientPossum @ValleyRoss

CalmRosebud August 7th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 Yay, You! Congratulations!

purpleSea7109 June 25th

Hi everyone. How ru all? I just watched the video and done the links. Does that mean I have passed the course. If not that is fine. I will fine another way.

I am just a click away.Xx 😊 

Congratulations to all. Even if we didn't pass we can try again.

purpleSea7109 July 22nd

How do I get the information that I have passed. Thanks I am just a click away.Xx 

mytwistedsoul July 22nd

@purpleSea7109 It's in with your badges :) 

purpleSea7109 July 25th

@mytwistedsoul

Tthank you and I just click away.Xx