Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My story(possible trigger warning)

LydiaTheTheatreKid June 29th, 2019

Hey everyone, my name is Lydia. The past month has been very hard for me. I came out and told my mom that I was bisexual and I told her about my girlfriend. My mom isn't accepting and she yells at me for what I am. My depression and anxiety has gotten worse over the past few months. In result of what my mom has been saying I have been cutting myself. It really helps me but it is impossible for me to do it anymore because my parents check me for scars every day. I am two days clean. Any advice would be great! (I am 13)

mbxd July 6th, 2019

@LydiaTheTheatreKid my mom just found out about me cutting too so i understand what youre dealing with. some things that have helped me distract myself when ive wanted to do it is to draw or paint, listen to music, or go to the gym. also i feel if your parents care enough to make sure youre not hurting yourself everyday then they care about your happiness and will eventually support you being bisexual so just hang in there everything will be okay

kittycat1000 June 30th, 2019

@LydiaTheTheatreKid

i think its really brave coming out and youre doing a good job by trying not to self harm. A good app for self harm urges is calm harm. It gives you lots of coping strategies.

LydiaTheTheatreKid OP June 30th, 2019

@kittycat1000 Thanks you! I have that app and it has really helped me 😁

kittycat1000 June 30th, 2019

@LydiaTheTheatreKid

i am so glad it has helped you I am always here if you need to talk as I am also trying to recover from self harm.