Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Winter again...

darfj September 17th, 2023

Hello, as far as I know, I deal with seasonal depression. I felt it for the first time last year and I ended up doing SH for a few months. Well now I've been clean for about 5 months, but winter is coming now and I'm nervous.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stay clean/stay busy/stay distracted? I really don't want to relapse. All tips and support would be appreciated :)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 19th, 2023

Hiya @darfj lovely to meet you!

I'm so proud of you for wanting to keep a safety kit ready for yourself, it's super brave of you to reach out for support and tips!💛

With SH though, I feel different things work for people differently, considering that now, would you like to make a list of things that have worked for you in the past? What helps you feel emotionally and physically safer, things that can comfort you or help you feel relaxed etc!

There's also this wonderful list of self-love measures, if you'd like to explore some more and find something new to try: https://www.7cups.com/forum/GetSupport_28/ManagingEmotions_47/AnExtensiveListofHealthyDistractionsSelfLoveTechniques_53317

Rooting for you!💛

darfj OP January 7th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

hello, thank you so much for your support ❤️❤️❤️ I really needed this today :))

@darfj You are so welcome. Sending lots of love your way!❤❤❤

JanusPi January 7th

@darfj 

Hello! My advice would probably be try to find something that can make your mind think but also interests you. For me it’s just studying different things and exploring psychology and philosophy. Maybe you could try maths. I used to live maths to the point where maths was the only thing on my mind the whole day 😅. Other than that, maybe music can help as well. Just singing your emotions out can help a lot too. I know that from experience… my neighbors hates me 🥲 Anyways, I’m proud for you that you’ve been clean, and I hope you stay clean for eternity! All the best 💕

darfj OP January 8th

@JanusPi Music is such a mood lifter for me too! Thank you so much for the support, it really means a lot 😊!

I love the name Janus btw :)

JanusPi January 8th

@darfj 

Your welcome! 💕 My real name is not Janus unfortunately. Just a name I made up

JanusPi January 8th

@JanusPi

*You’re