Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sh after 10+ years

Mashedpotato364 March 15th, 2023

Hey y'all I'm new to this group but not to 7cups. I've had a series of events happen and have been flooded w abandonment fears that I can't seem to handle since it's w the two people that I have build trust w. Anyway I have been sh again since the last time I think was close to 12 or so years ago. I thought I had "overcome" it but maybe you never really do? I stopped because it didnt quite have the same effect as it did but now it's sort of the only thing keeping me grounded and I have done it repeatedly. I haven't been able to tell anyone else, not my therapist, as no one else been very present in my life or would understand but Im going you all here might. I'm hoping for supportive words but not looking for alternatives at this point.

Mya000 March 16th, 2023

@Mashedpotato364

Hi there, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share what you're going through. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with abandonment fears and that you feel like you can't talk to anyone about it. It's understandable that you're feeling overwhelmed and that self-harm feels like the only way to cope, but it's important to remember that there are other ways to cope that can help you feel grounded without harming yourself.

While I understand that you're not looking for alternatives at this point, I would like to encourage you to continue to reach out for support and consider speaking with your therapist about what you're going through. They are there to support you and can provide you with additional coping strategies and resources that may be helpful. If you don't feel comfortable with them, it might be worth looking for another one.

In the meantime, know that you are not alone and that there are people who care about you and want to help. Please take care of yourself and reach out if you need someone to talk to ❤️

Boxo1 March 29th, 2023

I'm sorry ur going through all of this but you made it 10 plus years. You should be proud of yourself for that. Don't beat yourself down. I can totally relate to how you feeling how hard it is to stay clean from sh ing. Feel good about those 10 years.