Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tw; self harm | Write your own relapse prevention plan.

Apeatrice September 29th

Hi lovelies! How are you all doing?

I'm so proud of you for reaching out to our subcommunity and for taking steps to take better care of yourself.

Recovery from sh never was an easy one. Staying clean requires a self-harm prevention strategy that is both actionable and sustainable. Creating a relapse plan can help you crop better when getting triggered and dealing with urges.

Here is an example of what a Relapse Prevention Plan should include;

☆What to do when having urges/ being triggered(what are the alternatives of sh).

☆Your reasons to stay clean.

☆Who you can talk to.

☆A safe place you can stay.

☆Your local crisis number.

☆What to do after a relapse.

You can write your own plan or fill in these pages in the link below and print it out.

https://stillcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Self-Harming-Recovery-and-Relapse-Prevention-Plan.pdf

◎Keep your goals realistic. If giving up self-harm forever sounds too overwhelming, for example, start with a small goal like, "I will stop harming myself for the next seven days." You can increase these goals as you build up your resilience.

◎Build in healthy rewards. Celebrating victories large and small will help maintain your motivation over the long term. For example, you might treat yourself to dinner, or a new book, upon reaching an important milestone.

◎ Avoid punishing yourself. Self-harm relapse itself is often punishment enough; expecting to suffer more will only make recovery more difficult. Instead, create a relapse plan ahead of time that will help you get back on track if and when a relapse occurs.

◎Be adaptable. If, at first, you don't succeed, don't assume this means you are incapable of recovery. Instead, revisit your strategy to see what might not be working for you, revise it as necessary, and try again.

I want to let you know that a relapse is not a fall. And sh is not a weakness in character. You don't have to fight all alone. We are behind you and please don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.

*sending warm hug and cookies*

@affectionateNorth7484,@SparrowSolberg,@willingSky9585,@SageFlower2008,@Phoenix1234theythem,@AmyGrace55555,@Kristynsmama.

Phoenix1234theythem September 29th

@Apeatrice

aww thank you for tagging me *hugs back n shares cookie with u* 🫂💗🍪

im gonna try the plan from the pdf it all sounds very useful! thanks for taking the time to share all this :)))))

Apeatrice OP September 29th

@Phoenix1234theythem

Good luck fr. Love you

Phoenix1234theythem September 29th

@Apeatrice

lyttt

Kristynsmama Tuesday

@Apeatrice

Thank you for sharing this!  A relapse prevention plan is absolutely one of the biggest tools I have ever found in my own recovery from SH.  And you explained it precisely!  Thank you for contributing to the community!

Kristy