Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Nad few days

LittleLife25 2 days ago

Hello, im new to the app and am privileged to be amongst those who are achieving to be the best that they can be, but sadly I relapsed 2 days ago and I'm so disappointed in myself. If anyone had any recommendations on how to help the urge then I would greatly appreciate hearing them!

Apeatrice 1 day ago

@LittleLife25

Hi buddy. Thank you for reaching out to our community, it takes a lot of courage to talk about sh and seeking help. I'm really proud of you for doing this.

I'm sorry to hear that she recovery has been pretty hard on you (actually, I think ''pretty hard' is an Underestmition)

You may find this helpful, it's a grwoth path on 7 Cups

https://www.7cups.com/path/playlist/self-harm-recovery-self-harm-recovery-subcommunity/

Also, creating a Relspase Prevention Plan also helps fighting the urges.

You can see the instructions here;

https://www.7cups.com/forum/selfharm/General_2451/TwselfharmWriteyourownrelapsepreventionplan_337500/

My best wishes to you.

winterbreeze0405 22 hours ago

@LittleLife25 

hello, i'm tani. i had been struggling with SH from a long time but this year i feel like a speedy recovery. i listed some of the things that helped me

i) Allow yourself. if you're dealing with a negative emotions then allow yourself to feel it. delaying or neglecting emotions can lead to build up stress which serves as a trigger. 

ii) does alternative helps? like rubber band method. personally, they never helped me. it only gets worse. but if it does for you then it's great. 

iii) Grounding. find something which grounds you and practice it every day. may it be listening to songs, breathing exercise or anything 

iv) root cause. it may not be easy to find it. but journaling or writing about how you felt during the urge period and what had caused it may help unfolding some answers 

v) forgive yourself. 

life will keep moving forward. trust in your recovery. you may not be in a good situation rn but there are beautiful moments waiting for you in future that will be worth looking forward to. i believe in you so believe in yourself as well. you will do better 💙

LittleLife25 OP 22 hours ago

Hey tysm ❤️ I've just been through it recently so I appreciate the help xx

winterbreeze0405 22 hours ago

@LittleLife25 welcome. hope things get better soon. my dms are open if you want someone to talk to ^^