Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

admitting you need help

CPO2000 December 20th, 2022

i think the hardest thing is admitting you need help. after a while you start to know when your spiralling and when you’ve gone beyond coming back by yourself. but who the *** do you ask? your parents and friends and family say they are there to help but they do not understand. how do you say enough is enough. and how do you get support. waiting lists are long. there’s not many services that offer therapy. something happened to me not so long ago, but no one this there no one knows how much i’m struggling

pw123 December 24th, 2022

@CPO2000 i get it. i've been there. it is so so isolating. i happened to have the luck (?) of people finding out without me confessing, which led to me many many months later getting help. like you said, waiting lists are long as ***.

that's what this site is for, i guess. when you can't get help irl, get it anonymously online. not the same though really

JustHumanThatsNotPerfect January 3rd, 2023

@CPO2000 I hear you buddy. I understand .If I could let out my thoughts a few years ago, I believe these would have certainly been mine too. But I didn't, not for a long long time. Admitting that we need help, makes it all the more real. All of us just prefer to pretend , that we aren't THAT DAMAGED to seek help. Judgements and disappoints are an other whole issue. But then I realised - reaching out for help doesn't make me any less of a person than who I am. it doesn't even suggest that I am broken. It only confirms the fact that we are all humanbeings, and not robots . And if I am damaged, if I need more help than others ?? then sue me!? But I will muster as much as help, peace and happiness I can. Why ? Because I deserve to be happy. Believing in the hope ,that not even my difficulties could take from me, I decided enough was enough. I reached out , openly and proud . Not because I was strong enough to do so . I did it because after all what I have been through, I deserved a chance to change how things are , to try to be happy again . This was my story. I don't know if it will help. But I felt it would. Hope so

CPO2000 OP March 26th

a very very late reply and i don’t know if you’ll see it. but i really needed this glimpse of hope tonight and i really hope you are still doing okay. Thank you so much