Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Community Guideline Series part 4

AnnaSilverberg January 9th

Hay everyone✨!

Welcome to part 4 in the Community Guidelines Series.
If you have made it so far in the series, I’m sending gold stars your way⭐! 

The focus of this post is our behavior and how we can affect those around us with it.

If you want to read the guidelines, you can do so here

And if you haven’t seen part 1, 2 or 3, you can do so here, here and here!

Psst, in part two you can take a fun quiz to brush up on your knowledge!

So, how we behave affects others, just as others behavior affects us.
But did you know that you can choose between reacting and responding?

Reacting is an emotional response to a situation, when we react we’re often being impulsive and it is sometimes influenced by what we have experienced in the past or even influenced by our fears.

Responding is a deliberate and thoughtful action, it’s where we weigh our options and we consider what our situation is. We make a conscious decision on how we’re going to act or respond. 

Questions that help:
Will I benefit something positive from engaging in that conflict?

Will this help me feel better today or will this upset me?
Do I need to stay here to argue, or can I use the mute function?
If I’m upset, is there something I can do to help myself feel better rather than react to what upset me?

We need to keep our environment supportive, our community supportive and our relationship with ourselves and others supportive as well.
And we can do that by not engaging in conflict, but rather problem solving and understanding that we all have our boundaries. 

Boundaries are the key to healthy communication, so respecting our own boundaries is just as important as respecting others boundaries.

Let’s work together in keeping the community healthy and supportive💙

Check out the guidelines that I’m discussing here below:

Respect the boundaries of other community members.

Boundaries are the key to healthy communication, we have to respect the boundaries that members of this community have. Listeners and Members.
This also means that there is a total ban on stalking and harassment of any kind.

Engage in healthy problem-solving.

We all want to be in a safe and supportive environment.
The key to a healthy community is to have good communication. We all need to cooperate  and working together is the best way to go about it.
Now, having a healthy debate is absolutely fine, as it leads to problem-solving and all of us working together.
Here’s a great read: Read more on the topic of healthy problem-solving in this forum.

Use proper conflict resolution skills with every person on the site.

Sometimes miscommunication happens, we all have different stories, cultures and beliefs and sometimes we can forget that others don’t have the same experience as we do and that their culture isn’t like ours.
Dealing with conflict in a proper way, means dealing with the conflict in a way that benefits both you and the other person involved. Read more on conflict resolution in this forum.
Supportive environment is always better than an environment where we are feeling unsafe. We all deserve to feel safe at 7Cups. 

In the Group Support Chatrooms.

All the chatrooms (listeners and members-focused) are operating under Zero Tolerance Policy. We encourage you to read the chatroom guidelines for each chatroom and commit to following them.
You will find the participation rules at the bottom of each chatroom labelled as “Please read the Chatroom Rules”

All participants are expected to be aware of the rules of participation. This means that if you are found to be violating any rules, you will be responsible for the consequences.

Consequences of violations:

• Community Moderators can instantly mute you if you are found to be violating any chat room rules after one verbal reminder. Volunteer moderators will be sending 3 warnings to mute you after 2 verbal reminders.

• If you repeatedly and knowingly violate chat room rules, you will be muted instantly without any verbal reminder by community moderators. Also, if needed, your account can be suspended.

• Both or all parties engaging in an argument or conflict will be instantly muted. You have a personal mute button for a reason. It is your decision not to use personal mute and engage in conflict.

• If you have a question or disagreement about a rule, a topic with a listener, or a moderator, please take the issue to PMs immediately. If you continue to argue and disrupt the flow of the room, you can be instantly muted.

• You are welcome to submit a review for the Chat Room Moderators, Room Supporters, and Listeners here! and For members here!

Now that we’ve read this fine post about how we can use our behavior in a supportive way,
let's take a quiz! 

You can find the quiz here

Feel free to tag a friend and of course share your score🤗!

Psst, see the final post in this series here

✨ We wish you a wonderful rest of your day 

@AnnaSilverberg

Well said, Anna, thank you for making this awesome post, we can always use refreshers hehe. ❤

Scored 20/20 yay! 

Alsooo xD xD "What am I doing again?"~ lollllll, me to me 247!🤡

Inviting more people to participate hehe: @lovemymoonflowers @Aurewolf @Bluerivercares @Avaria 🥰

LoveMyMoonflowers January 9th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

thank you for tagging me, sweet sun buddy! 🥺

Fuechsin January 9th

@AnnaSilverberg

Thank you for creating this series! I wasn't 100% aware of the difference between reacting and responding, but it makes so much sense. Also, I love the reminder that disengaging from a conflict is an option as well.

I've scored 20/20! 🎉

Let's invite some more amazing listeners to join: @Jenna @dreamIcicle8467 @AuRewolf @Kristynsmama