Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Safety Discussion - Usernames

December 30th, 2023

Hey everyone! 😊

When you join 7 Cups as a member or a listener, you get a username which is assigned by our system. You also have the option to create your own screen name while signing up.

Here, your username is something which identifies you to other users. So, having a good username can leave a lasting impression on your 7 Cups peers.

That said, there has been some confusion about what is considered an appropriate username on here. So, let’s check it out ✨

What is an appropriate username?

An appropriate username IS the one that:

• Can be computer-generated by 7 Cups or chosen by yourself

• Is creative, and shows positive qualities

• Can be in capital letters

An appropriate username IS NOT the one that:

• Contains sexualized, graphic, or curse words

• Contains anything about suicide/drugs/alcohols

• Have anything that is homophobic/racist towards any group

Now for the questions part! 😄

1. What do you consider to be a good username?

2. Is there any confusion you face while choosing your username while signing up, or deciding to change your username?

3. Finally, a mini-game for you 🥁:

Tag 2-3 of your friends and mention a word which makes you think of them, specifically their usernames (it can be a positive quality, or a strength)

Let’s keep the chain going!

Sometimes a 7 Cups user may wish to change their username once they have signed up, for various reasons, including safety and privacy reasons. If you’re one of them, you’re welcome to check out the process for username change here

If you have spotted a profile that needs to be flagged, feel free to message one of the Safety Patrol members with the username here

For any queries on Safety (profile flagging/outreaching/discussions), you’re welcome to message @tommy or @Rebekah or @AuRewolf!

Resource on usernames 👇:

1.  Username Change policy: Username Change

2. Community Guidelines about username: Community Guidelines

Tagging the Safety team:
@EvelyneRose @Rebekah @tommy @positivePumpkin22 @AuRewolf @KristenHR @KindnessMatters2020 @Lunaire00 @LightsFromDark @iPHOENIX @Comphi @EmotionsListener @Dystopiatae95 @blissart @LittleBirdie30 @SolaceCares @SirenOfSerenity @Lou73 @Jenna @MistyMagic @fruityPond7887 @Star001 @Hamstermum @MelodyoftheOcean @AffyAvo @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @kindheartedlily @richuyulin @florablossom3319 @blissfulSky8162 @sereneMirage8103 @courageousDreamer8927 @Jiminycricket91 @kyan1 @Raspberrycheesecake @MattForHelp @radiantLight33 @TabbyCat97 @LandOfHopesx3 @Daf8 @Optimisticempath @coco128 @jundaee @pandanfe @Artalistens @Bunnylovesyou @WatermelonLover22 @Suryansh @SparkyGizmo @rubyjane00 @niamh333 @lovelyApple6441 @LOOPHOLE @azuladragon34 @Rui00 @Ralien @fantasticJet1739 @Grace3012 @Mahad2804 @HachiBee @LoveMyMoonflowers @OllieRNLI999 @sweetmikayla @DanCat1128
Walker7957 January 5th

@AuRewolf oh just alright 😔 that okie

mytwistedsoul January 5th

@Walker7957 Hey Walker 😊 just wanted to say I love your little Christmas snail ❤️

Walker7957 January 5th

Thank you @mytwistedsoul I like your picture too! 🙂 is they in sleeping bag? I love my sleeping bag.

mytwistedsoul January 6th

@Walker7957 Thank you! 😊 It could be a sleeping bag. I always thought maybe it was a sock but I like the idea it's a sleeping bag better 😀 Sleeping bags are great. What color is your sleeping bag? 

Walker7957 January 6th

@mytwistedsoul

greeeeeeeen