Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The purpose of group chat?

AwkwardAardvark27 July 16th, 2015

Yesterday was my first visit to 7Cups. I attempted to try the group chat, and found that the room I was in (along with a few others) had people who were not talking about the topic at hand, and clearly "trolling" in a room trying to get attention by posting highly inappropriate (sexual in nature) information to deter from the topic of the room. Is there some sort of code of conduct for this? How can people get legitimate help, and talk to each other if the rooms are not being properlymonitored for people who aren't really here for help?

alienbabydolltrash July 16th, 2015

I don't know, but you can alalways message me aanYtime

OrunLeon July 16th, 2015

@AwkwardAardvark27 - Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience in the group support rooms. Trolling and the likes are very common in the chatrooms recently due to there not being many moderators who spend prolonged periods of time watching over the rooms. For the best help you can get, I would recommend sticking to 1-1's by sending out a request, or going to Browse Listeners. I know that the guys upstairs are planning some ways of trying to improve the group support rooms, but I don't think any update will happen for a few more weeks. Of course, that is not to say the group rooms are ALWAYS bad, no no, there are some good moments but you'd need to be lucky to catch them. If you could find a moderator during a situation happening as you've described, feel free to PM them and they'll help you sort it out.

For your questions:

- There is a code of conduct (The Chatroom Rulesin green text at the bottom of the chatbox) but few to enforce it.

- People cannot get legitimate help, and talk to each other if the rooms are not being properly monitored for people who aren't really here for help.

We're trying to fix it though, so not all hope is lost. I must stress again though, 1-1 is the best option for you if you'd like serious help.

AwkwardAardvark27 OP July 16th, 2015

Thank you for the considerate, thoughtful response. I won't give up hope on the group chats yet, but I do think I much rather prefer the 1-1 as a newbie to 7Cups. Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Malkie July 17th, 2015

There is also an icon on people's messages that allows you to report them. If youwitnissa situation again ofinappropriatebehavior you can always click there. One on one chats are highlyrecommendedbecause you have the attention of one person to listen to you. Unfortunately you can sometimes come across a bad listener and you can also report them if you feel they wereinappropriate. I hope you have a better experience next time! 7cups can be an amazing supportive community if you give it a chance:)