Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Latest in the forums

Dumbo January 13th, 2016

Is there ever going to be a list of the latest forum threads/posts for us members on the Member Dashboard?

cristiana33 January 13th, 2016

Hey!

How could having this option in your Member Dashboard help more than how you can see the newest threads / posts right now, as in here ?

Dumbo OP January 13th, 2016

@cristiana33

It's more useful than I think you realise.

The forums are a lot more active amongst members than listeners so it seems odd to me that listeners have the privilege of seeing new threads in the Member Support Forum but members don't.

Ultimately, isn't that the primary function of the Member Support Forum - to support members? The site should make it as easy as possible for those who are after indirect support via a medium such as the forums to see threads that potentially may have some relevance to them. In the current state, I'd be surprised if a lot of members even know that there is a Member Support Forum so ultimately it would help with member engagement also.

AffyAvo January 13th, 2016

@Dumbo I agree, I would like this back too. In addition to the 'new posts' which are actually new threads, the hot posts on the left hand side of the forums shows the newest posts.

I agree though, it would be nice to not have to be in the forum section to see this. Also, I wish I could get a longer list of the most recent posts.

Lilylistens February 12th, 2016

Hey there, @Dumbo and @AffyAvo

Really good points here, thank you for sharing.

Tagging some people here that might be able to assist or answer your questions.

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @Anomalia

Anomalia February 13th, 2016

@Dumbo @AffyAvo - I'm not sure I'm understanding (probably just because it's not a feature I've seen/used) - can you explain what the feature is / where it used to be? Krink is better placed to answer what it takes to bring back, but I'm happy to help in any way I can if it's something that would be helpful (especially in bringing more people to the forums!!! :) )

AffyAvo February 13th, 2016

@Anomalia It's actually back already! I'm glad to have it again. I can't place when it appeared again, at least a few weeks I think.

Under My Growth Path there is now Latest in the Forums.

Anomalia February 13th, 2016

@AffyAvo - glad to hear it's fixed!

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn February 16th, 2016

@Anomalia @AffyAvo - so this was just a bug that has now been fixed?

AffyAvo February 16th, 2016

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn It didn't seem like just a bug. For a while My Growth Path was just the growth path, there was no Latest in the Forums section, and now it is there again.

It seemed more like an active decision to not have it there and then someone decided to reinstate it. I guess it's possible that was a bug that was fixed though.

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn February 16th, 2016

@AffyAvo - I'm pretty sure nobody makes decisions like that without telling me around here :)

sounds to me like something got changed or reverted by mistake. I know for a fact we never removed forum filters from anyone deliberately for any reason!

Lilylistens February 13th, 2016

@AffyAvo

So glad to hear this! smiley

@Dumbo