Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Conversation Error and Status Question

cupcakieee February 12th, 2016

I was speaking with a listener and they were really great, we were going to continue our conversation. But when I go back to our conversation page it says error and "Conversation not found. (Code 1001)" When I also try to go to their profile it says item cannot be found. However, when I go to my progress page they are still listed under my listeners. What happened to them?

I have also noticed that in my conversation window sometimes the listeners dot will be red but when I go to the my progress page and under my listener list they will be listed as green. What does that mean / how does that work?

Thanks

theworldisquiethere February 12th, 2016

Hi @cupcakieee! I believe that the "Conversation not found. (Code 1001)" means that either you or the listener blocked the other. Im so sorry that this happened to you—being blocked from a listener you were really connecting with can be so frustrating and hurtful, but I want to make sure you know that it may not have been (and probably wasnt if the chat was going smoothly before) an intentional blocking. Accidental blocking happens more often than you might think! Sometimes a listener or a member will hit the block button without meaning too, which can be so upsetting to both people involved in the chat. But if the chat was going smoothly before disappearing, I hope its a little comforting to know that it probably wasnt purposeful, and that the listener is most likely just as frustrated and disappointed as you are. I think your only option for attempting to have yourself or have the listener (depending on who pushed the button) unblocked would be to contact a community manager or send an email to community@7cups.com, though I cant make any promises as to how much can be done in a situation like this.

About the second issue here—typically a red dot means the listeners status is offline. That doesnt always mean that the listener isnt available to chat, however—if youve been having a conversation with a listener and you notice that their dot is red when you view it from your progress path page, dont panic! There are lots of reasons why a listener might switch themselves to offline while chatting with someone, but any professional listener wouldnt abandon you in the middle of a chat with no better goodbye than switching their status. (However, when youre looking for listeners to talk to, messaging and offline listener isnt the best strategy because theyre not likely to respond in a timely manner, nor are listeners whos status is busy (orange dot). The only listeners who can be counted on to message back or accept requests promptly are listeners who have a green dot beside their picture, which means theyre online and available to chat.)

However, Im not sure why a listener would be shown as offline on one page and then online on another. Is it possible that the listener could have switched their status between you looking at one page and looking at another? Im also pretty positive (if someone more knowledgeable could confirm this Id appreciate it!) that when a listener or member is away from the tab/window that 7 Cups is open on, they automatically show as offline. If Im right about that, it could be affecting this too, with the listener only seeming to be offline when you look from your conversation window because theyre away from their tab for a moment. I'm going to tag @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn in case this is a technical issue with the site.

Im sorry I couldnt be of more help, but I hope you have a great day!

OfTheSpotlessMind February 16th, 2016

can this same message mean that the member/listener deleted their account suddenly?

moonfly March 1st, 2016

@cupcakieee

I'm getting exactly the same thing with one of my listeners - I'm so glad someone else is having the same issue and it's not just me!

Hope this gets sorted for you :)

MsSpearmint July 26th, 2018

Message not sent (Code 303)

Can anyone define this? Should I send another message?

DaveMcGrath July 26th, 2018

@AGirlThatWillBreakTheRules

Power answered this for you on your thread. To repeat, you and the member will see your message. Just ignore the code 303 and keep at it.

Athairnes August 1st, 2018

I am 100% sure that the error you have received (1001) means that somebody has blocked you.
Happened with 2 accounts for me and I am 100% they blocked me.

About the online/offline thing:
If you use 2 or more windows, they might not sync well and display out of date data. Or as someone already mentioned, they might have switched their status while you were looking at it.