Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Chat logs?

neatBanana1862 April 8th, 2016

Is there any way I can find my chat log from last night? My Listener said some very helpful things but I was so sleepy that I don't remember some of them. When I looked at the chat log this morning only a few "good night" messages are visible on the log and I can't scroll back farther. 😮 Thanks for any help you can suggest!

gentleStar61 April 8th, 2016

@neatBanana1862it can't be available its gone

April 8th, 2016

Hi @neatBanana1862 :) It sounds like you had a very helpful conversation with your listener. That's wonderful! :)

Unfortunately only the last few messages in a private conversation are saved. This helps people who may be concerned about privacy or confidentiality feel more comfortable knowing their messages aren't stored. Perhaps you could have a follow up conversation with the listener and let them know you'd like to review some of the things you talked about last night.

neatBanana1862 OP April 8th, 2016

@soothingpurrr That makes purrrrfect sense! I feel silly for not thinking about that. Thank you for explaining!

cristiana33 April 8th, 2016

@neatBanana1862

As people above me said, it's impossible to access those messages as they get deleted in the system. You can only access most recent 10 messages or something - not sure about the number. Same when re-accessing a room you've been in. Let's say you get in a room where's a discussion happening. If in the middle of it you need to go, when you return you will not find the messages anymore UNLESS you keep your browser window open on that page till you get back. That's tricky many times, I know that for sure!

Maybe you can in the future keep your private notes in another tab and remember to write there all good stuff you and your listener talked about? I surely know how you must feel now! A follow up discussion might help.

neatBanana1862 OP April 8th, 2016

@cristiana33 That's a brilliant idea, Cristiana! Thank you so much. I forgot about the notes section - very cool! I'll do that next time when I snag a piece of wisdom. :)

cristiana33 April 8th, 2016

@neatBanana1862

You're welcome! *Hugs*