Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Support Forum FAQ

Laura August 26th, 2014

What is the 7 Cups Support Forum?

The 7 Cups community forum is a place for members and guests to gather and discuss specific items that are on their mind, that they need support with or questions they would like to ask the community to help answer.

Who can post in the support forum?

Listeners & members. Anyone with a registered account with 7 Cups of Tea can post in the support forum.

Who sees my posts?

An account with 7 Cups of Tea is not required to view posts. It is required to post in the forum. There are many guests who come to our site and chat with listeners without ever having to create an account. These guests are able to view the forum.

Additionally, registered users with accounts can view the support forum posts. This is members and guests.

Where can I give feedback about 7 Cups of Tea?

Please use this 7 Cups Member suggestion box to give feedback.

Can I post anonymously?

Your post will be affiliated with the member user name you have created. If you created a username that is the same as your listener account or is too similar to your name, you can request to have it changed using this link:

If anonymity is important to you, it is important to have a unique member name.

How do I let others know that I have posted?

By posting a "tag" into your post, you can let specific members or listeners receive a notification of your post. To tag, add in a @ sign with the member/listener's username in the body of your post. For example, @LauraS. You can tag in as many member/listener's as your want in your post.

Can I delete threads?

Once you have posted, your thread cannot be deleted. In cases where you feel a post needs immediate deletion or you would like your post to be brought down, we are happy to do that for you. Please email community@7cups.com with a URL link to the forum post you would like removed. We will remove it for your as soon as possible.

Can I edit my own posts?

Once you have posted in the forum, you will have no ability to edit your posts. Again, if you would like to have your post removed, please email community@7cups.com with a URL link to the forum post you would like removed. We will remove it for your as soon as possible.

Remember, the content of the post is the most important thing. Do not fret over grammar or misspellings. The most important thing is for you to get support here. Quality of the content or question posed is the most important thing.

What kinds of interactions can I expect in the support forum?

You will encounter 2 kinds of interactions here in the support forum:

1) Member/listener - you will be able to interact with a wide variety of listeners in the support forum. They come from a diverse set of backgrounds and will offer a variety of thoughts and comments in response to your posts.

2) Member/Member - Connect with other members. Members are people who come to 7 Cups in need of support. They are just like you, you are here for the same reasons. You can discern that someone is a member by their profile picture. A members profile picture will be the first letter of their member username in a color box.

We challenge you to use the support forum to connect with other members. This is a place for you to connect with others who have similar experiences to you. Its a place to grow and learn together.

Why should I post here?

Connecting with your listener should be your first method of seeking out help. But the 7 Cups support forum offers you the unique ability to connect with other members. Other people who are struggling and in need of support. You can be there for eachother through your interactions in the forum!

Can I give support to another member in need?

Yes, this is highly encouraged! We do not want you to think that you have to be a listener to give support. All of us are part of the 7 Cups community and can offer support and help!

How can I give support in the forum on topics that are important to me?

If you have a shared experience with something a listener or member has written, you can share that with them. This helps them feel supported and like there is someone else who has had a similar experience.

What if there isnt a forum/thread for issues important to me?

Go ahead and find the correct category and add your thread. We want you to feel empowered to post on topics that are important to you.

OTHER 7 CUPS FAQ INFORMATION:

What happens when I leave a review for a listener?

Every review left is used for quality purposes. We use them to give feedback to listeners so they can continue to track their progress as a listener and get better.

When can I leave a review or rating for a listener?

In the chat conversation box. After 30 messages are exchanged between you and the listener, you will have the ability to give a star and written review for your listener.

Why Should I Post In The Support Forum?

The support forum is an additional way of seeking support from the listeners and also from the member community. You can post here to invite others to share their stories, experiences, and to hear from those who dealt or are dealing with similar problems as yours.

The forum is also a great place to become a part of the community. Share your joyous moments, the small victories, and also encourage others to move ahead with courage.

Who can see my posts?

Your posts will be visible to any visitor on the forum page. However, your identity will remain anonymous.

Are all posts anonymous?

Yes, at 7 Cups of Tea, we respect your privacy. When you post as a member, only your member name will be visible on the forum. There will be no other information shared with any user on the site.

Will someone be able to see my profile and message me?

No, there will be no access to any of your information. Your name is a clickable link on the forum.

What is the difference between individual support and support on the forum?

When you connect with a listener one-on-one, you can avail exclusive time when you can share your story in great detail and seek support for yourself without any fear of judgment or stigma. The support forum is like a support group where you share your stories, questions, and feedback with the 7 Cups of Tea community. Through the forum, you can not only seek support from listeners, but can also seek support from fellow members.

What kind of questions can I ask on the forum?

The forum is a safe and supportive space for the 7 Cups of Tea community. All kinds of posts that are not offensive to anyone or any community are most welcome. You can share your joys and sorrows and can also give support to those in distress.

What should I do to edit or remove my post?

At present, individual members do not have the ability to edit or delete posts. If you want to edit or delete any post, please email us on info@7cups.com with your request and we will work on it as early as possible.

What if someone gets offensive towards me on the forum?

At 7 Cups of Tea, we have a zero tolerance policy towards abuse and we take inappropriate and offensive conduct very seriously. Please report the user to info@7cups.com and we will immediately remove the offensive post. We will also investigate the issue and take actions against the offender. Serious offenses are dealt with a complete ban on the user account.

What if a listener is offensive towards me in a chat?

Use the block and ban buttons in the chat box to report that listener immediately.

How can I contribute more towards making the world a better place?

7 Cups of Tea is a community where anyone can give and receive support freely. Many of our members become listeners to provide support which makes them feel better. However, if you do not wish to become a listener, you can provide support to other members through this support forum. Here you can respond compassionately and supportively to those in distress and give a healing touch to hundreds in need.

AffyAvo August 4th, 2015

Will someone be able to see my profile and message me?

No, there will be no access to any of your information. Your name is not a clickable link on the forum.

That's incorrect. I can't message a member, but I can click their name and view their profile.

Your post will be affiliated with the member user name you have created. If you created a username that is the same as your listener account or is too similar to your name, you can request to have it changed using this link:

What link?

IvanHerrejon0 August 4th, 2015

Thanks for sharing. It is helpful that you noticed:)

AffyAvo October 23rd, 2015

@Laura considering that clicking someone's name takes you to their feed I really think this should be changed.

Chetan1991 August 10th, 2015

Hi Laura. First of all I would like to thank the whole team at 7 Cups of Tea for creating such an amazing concept to make us realize that we are not alone. It has really motivated me in a very short time. Now I would like to know how do I connect with the founders of this team as I have a business proposal for you guys and would like to know if you are interested in the same. I did try to find out all over the site as to how do I connect with the managing team but unfortunately could not get a proper one. Please guide me on the same so that I can put forth my proposal. Thank you. :)

gracefulSong70 October 23rd, 2015

@ laura , that was an amazing FAQ about our great 7 cups forum , for me it was a heaven to learn about the forum , and this what makes 7 cups a great home , :) thank you very much , and lots of love ;)

cristiana33 November 28th, 2015

BUMP

Really useful info here.

Shikamaru42 January 12th, 2016

Thanks, just the info I was looking for.

Jeanb60 May 28th, 2019

Help. How do I get a listener for the over 50 age group?