Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Break The Chain Oath

May 10th, 2015

I know many of you who come here were abused and are deeply scarred as a result. But abuse itself has a tendency of being perpetuated in cycles through generation after generation. And although we condemn abusers, we may be failing to look deeply in the mirror and see that we can be abusive, too. Some of you now who were abused may be unintentionally hurting your loved ones and not know it. This is why I?m here, and I hope that what little work that is done here would create some lasting good.

I will make a personal vow below, and any of you may copy and paste the text and post it after me. Do what you will, but I believe you would relate and understand the statements better if you were to type it out yourself.

May 10th, 2015

I, amboredd, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

I will do my best to respect my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, and will treat them with kindness and love for the sake of not perpetuating abuse and so that goodness can finally prevail, regardless of how I am treated.

I will not be manipulative; I will not hit nor beat others; I will not call others with names deemed degrading by general society; nor will I act unto others in any other way deemed as abusive by general society, whether emotionally or physically, for, regardless of who they are, they deserve no such treatments, and I would not wish to be treated in such manners myself.

If I happen to come to the awareness that I am abusing my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, whether physically or emotionally, I will immediately halt myself and examine my actions, putting in all efforts to make amends and prevent such abuse from recurring in the future.

If I feel abused, I will keep an open mind and try to the best of my abilities to find a positive end to such abuse without any vindictive or vengeful acts of abuse perpetuated by me. This in order to successfully break the chain, because I know abuse will only cause more abuse.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever be broken,

amboredd

Remark: If I happen to ever break my oath, I wish for the wrath of the three-legged pepperoni to befall upon me.

guyinasuit May 10th, 2015

@amboredd- the pepperoni monster would be nice!!!

May 11th, 2015

:)

Reececup1986 December 30th, 2016

I, mobbsy, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

I will do my best to respect my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, and will treat them with kindness and love for the sake of not perpetuating abuse and so that goodness can finally prevail, regardless of how I am treated.

I will not be manipulative; I will not hit nor beat others; I will not call others with names deemed degrading by general society; nor will I act unto others in any other way deemed as abusive by general society, whether emotionally or physically, for, regardless of who they are, they deserve no such treatments, and I would not wish to be treated in such manners myself.

If I happen to come to the awareness that I am abusing my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, whether physically or emotionally, I will immediately halt myself and examine my actions, putting in all efforts to make amends and prevent such abuse from recurring in the future.

If I feel abused, I will keep an open mind and try to the best of my abilities to find a positive end to such abuse without any vindictive or vengeful acts of abuse perpetuated by me. This in order to successfully break the chain, because I know abuse will only cause more abuse.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever be broken,

SIGNED: Reececup1986, 12/29/16

Reececup1986 December 30th, 2016

Sorry I made an error on the post reply above.

Redone OAT

I, Reececup1986, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

SIGNED: Reececup1986, 12/29/16

Elizabeth7117 September 16th, 2021

I, Elizabeth, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Elizabeth7117

9/16/21

I, mobbsy,have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

SIGNED: mobbsy, 10/05/15

Silentlistener97 May 10th, 2015

I, Silent ,have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Silent.

Uhm oops I'm really sorry! Didn't mean to post it so many times :o

Hahaha, @Flourish would you mind removing the dupes ;)

Thank you @mobbsy :p

Flourish May 10th, 2015

@mobbsy- dupes are?

@Flourish Sorry! Dupes = duplicates!

Darcyy May 10th, 2015

@Silentlistener97@mobbsy @Flourish It's fixedcheeky

Flourish May 10th, 2015

@letmefixyou96- Ok thanks I was wondering where it is at.

May 10th, 2015

I, poeticguy, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse. I will do my best to respect my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, and will treat them with kindness and love for the sake of not perpetuating abuse and so that goodness can finally prevail, regardless of how I am treated. I will not be manipulative; I will not hit nor beat others; I will not call others with names deemed degrading by general society; nor will I act unto others in any other way deemed as abusive by general society, whether emotionally or physically, for, regardless of who they are, they deserve no such treatments, and I would not wish to be treated in such manners myself. If I happen to come to the awareness that I am abusing my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, whether physically or emotionally, I will immediately halt myself and examine my actions, putting in all efforts to make amends and prevent such abuse from recurring in the future. If I feel abused, I will keep an open mind and try to the best of my abilities to find a positive end to such abuse without any vindictive or vengeful acts of abuse perpetuated by me. This in order to successfully break the chain, because I know abuse will only cause more abuse. Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever be broken, Poeticguy

Darcyy May 10th, 2015

I, Selina ,have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Selina.

GymnastRhi May 10th, 2015

I, Riley, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

I also admit to the person I abuse most...me. I am Riley, I wear a mask every day of my life, I tell people to be kind to themselves, to love themselves, to love who they are. I have tried to kill myself, have starved myself, have hurt myself...I am a person, a human, a girl, and as I sit here in tears I realize that I hate myself. I project an image...I project an image of self acceptance, of self love, of feeling worth it...but I hate who I am...I'm short because I starved my body, I'm tiny because I didn't care about me...I am Riley, a victim of sexual abuse, a victim of a loveless upbringing, no oneever told me how to like who I am...I'm riley...and I don't know who Riley is...

riley...

Remark: I will break my oath...but please give me the strength to accept that, and try harder and try again...im just riley...and im drowning...

May 12th, 2015

You have the strength, Riley.

Upbeat May 10th, 2015

I, kash216, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

I will do my best to respect my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, andwill treat them with kindness and love for the sake of not perpetuating abuse and so thatgoodness can finally prevail, regardless of how I am treated.

I will not be manipulative; I will not hit nor beat others; I will not call others with namesdeemed degrading by general society; nor will I act unto others in any other way deemedas abusive by general society, whether emotionally or physically, for, regardless of whothey are, they deserve no such treatments, and I would not wish to be treated in suchmanners myself.

If I happen to come to the awareness that I am abusing my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, whether physically or emotionally, I will immediately halt myself and examine my actions, putting in all efforts to make amends and prevent suchabuse from recurring in the future.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever bebroken,

Kash216, 11/05/15

Noasu May 10th, 2015

I, Noasu,have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

SIGNED: Noasu, 10/05/15

Aishaaa1 May 11th, 2015

I, Aisha,have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

SIGNED: Aisha, 11/05/15

pm229 May 12th, 2015

I, pm229,have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

pm229 - 05/12/2015

OQuinn May 12th, 2015

I, Ophelia ,have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

OpheliaQuinn

May 12th, 2015

I, wonderfulpumpkin71, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

wonderfulPumpkin71

Reececup1986 May 12th, 2015

I, Reececup1986, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever be broken,heartyesenlightenedcheeky

SIGNED:

Reececup1986,

5/12/15

Anggi August 5th, 2015

I, Anggi, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Anggi

FlowerInDisguise19 August 6th, 2015

I, 🌸 FlowerInDisguise19 🌸, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

SIGNED

🌸 FlowerInDisguise19 🌸

06/08/2015 🍀

Mel August 6th, 2015

I, MelAllyouneedislove, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Signed: Mel, 06/08/2015

August 9th, 2015

I, alexlove, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

SIGNED: alexlove, 9th August 2015.

heartsNcupcakes August 19th, 2015

I, heartsncupcakes, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Luna

Athena86 August 21st, 2015

I, Athena86, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

SIGNED: Athena86

blanket7 February 8th, 2016

I know many of you who come here were abused and are deeply scarred as a result. But abuse itself has a tendency of being perpetuated in cycles through generation after generation. And although we condemn abusers, we may be failing to look deeply in the mirror and see that we can be abusive, too. Some of you now who were abused may be unintentionally hurting your loved ones and not know it. This is why I

TheSeer June 2nd, 2016

I, TheSeer, have also come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

TheSeer

Remark: If I happen to ever break my oath, I wish for the wrath of a thousand angry ducklings

Emily619 June 2nd, 2016

I, Emily, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. Due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other Members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Emily

6/1/2016

TheBen June 4th, 2016

I, Ben, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

fruityvision52

joyfulpresence4 June 26th, 2016

I, joyfulpresence4, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Joyfulpresence4

MidniteAngel October 15th, 2016

I had no idea this oath was available

DareYouToTry October 16th, 2016

Oh my!

KatTheBrave October 16th, 2016

This oath is beautiful.