Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Break The Chain Oath

May 10th, 2015

I know many of you who come here were abused and are deeply scarred as a result. But abuse itself has a tendency of being perpetuated in cycles through generation after generation. And although we condemn abusers, we may be failing to look deeply in the mirror and see that we can be abusive, too. Some of you now who were abused may be unintentionally hurting your loved ones and not know it. This is why I?m here, and I hope that what little work that is done here would create some lasting good.

I will make a personal vow below, and any of you may copy and paste the text and post it after me. Do what you will, but I believe you would relate and understand the statements better if you were to type it out yourself.

Helping2findaway October 26th, 2016

@amboredd

I, Helping2findAway, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

I will do my best to respect my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, and will treat them with kindness and love for the sake of not perpetuating abuse and so that goodness can finally prevail, regardless of how I am treated.

I will not be manipulative; I will not hit nor beat others; I will not call others with names deemed degrading by general society; nor will I act unto others in any other way deemed as abusive by general society, whether emotionally or physically, for, regardless of who they are, they deserve no such treatments, and I would not wish to be treated in such manners myself.

If I happen to come to the awareness that I am abusing my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, whether physically or emotionally, I will immediately halt myself and examine my actions, putting in all efforts to make amends and prevent such abuse from recurring in the future.

If I feel abused, I will keep an open mind and try to the best of my abilities to find a positive end to such abuse without any vindictive or vengeful acts of abuse perpetuated by me. This in order to successfully break the chain, because I know abuse will only cause more abuse.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever be broken,

Helping2findAway

CoffeeAndCaring November 15th, 2016

I, CoffeeAndCaring, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

I will do my best to respect my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, and will treat them with kindness and love for the sake of not perpetuating abuse and so that goodness can finally prevail, regardless of how I am treated.

I will not be manipulative; I will not hit nor beat others; I will not call others with names deemed degrading by general society; nor will I act unto others in any other way deemed as abusive by general society, whether emotionally or physically, for, regardless of who they are, they deserve no such treatments, and I would not wish to be treated in such manners myself.

If I happen to come to the awareness that I am abusing my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, whether physically or emotionally, I will immediately halt myself and examine my actions, putting in all efforts to make amends and prevent such abuse from recurring in the future.

If I feel abused, I will keep an open mind and try to the best of my abilities to find a positive end to such abuse without any vindictive or vengeful acts of abuse perpetuated by me. This in order to successfully break the chain, because I know abuse will only cause more abuse.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever be broken,

CoffeeAndCaring

If I break this oath, allow a tiger to eat me or something else brutal and probably awful

September 9th, 2017

I, EnchxntedRose, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever be broken.

joyfulFern35 April 6th, 2018

Break The Chain Oath

I,joyfulFern35,have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse by which I have suffered forever be broken.

Signed // joyfulFern35 // 06/04/18

Icylidane June 25th, 2018

I, Icylidane, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I have suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally to break the chain of abuse.

I will do my best to respect my loved ones, other people around me, and my enemies, and will treat them with kindness and love for the sake of not perpetrating abuse and so that goodness can finally prevail, regardless of how I am treated.

I will not be manipulative; I will not hit nor beat others; I will not call others with names deemed degrading by general society; nor will I act unto others in any way deemed as abusive by the general society, whether emotionally or physically, for, regardless of who they are, they deserve no such treatment, and I would not wish to be treateed in such manners myself.

If I feel abused, I will keep an open mind and try to the beset of my abilities to find a positive end to such abuse without any vindictive or vengeful acts of abuse perpetruated by me. This, in order to successfully break the chain, because I know abuse will only cause more abuse.

Now that I have said my oath, may the chain of abuse I have suffered forever be broken,

Icylidane

Personal notes:

This oath sent shivers down my spine, and I almost cried. Holy shit. Where was this oath when I needed it the most? I typed this out word by word, letter by letter, without copy and paste. As someone who had both been the abused and the abuser, as someone who had been hurt and lashed out in return - this meant so imposssibly much to me. Thank you, thank you so much for coming up with this oath.

ElvishBilly August 27th, 2018

I, ElvishBilly, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

rosie24 August 28th, 2018

I, Rosie24, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Rosie24

smolecho August 28th, 2018

I, smolecho, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

If I feel abused, I will keep an open mind and try to the best of my abilities to find a positive end to such abuse without any vindictive or vengeful acts of abuse perpetrated by me. This in order to successfully break the chain, because I know abuse will only cause more abuse.

smolecho

AddictedTealover98 October 9th, 2019

I, AddictedTealover98, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

If I feel abused, I will keep an open mind and try to the best of my abilities to find a positive end to such abuse without any vindictive or vengeful acts of abuse perpetrated by me. This in order to successfully break the chain, because I know abuse will only cause more abuse.

AddictedTealover98

No idea this pledge existed but itz cool XD

K87 October 9th, 2019

I, k87, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

K87, signed 10/9/19

fantasticDancer50 October 20th, 2019

I, fantasticDancer50, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

SIGNED: fantasticDancer50, 10/20/19

parisayano February 18th, 2020

I, parisayano, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Signed: parisayano 02/18/2020

Jennifer164 February 18th, 2020

I , Jennifer, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

Jennifer.

turtlelover11xo March 14th, 2020

#breakthechain

SnailPurple December 31st, 2020

I, Snailpurple, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

UniquePeace September 18th, 2021

I, UniquePeace, have come to the realization that I too can be abusive, that I may have abused others in the past and possibly am hurting others now, whether with or without my knowledge and whether or not as a consequence of past abuse I suffered. And, due to said realization, I hereby make a personal promise to myself, other members of 7 Cups of Tea, and all of existence itself that I will do my best to avoid hurting my loved ones, other people around me, and even my enemies, whether physically or emotionally in order to break the chain of abuse.

H

UniquePeace