Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

married but in love with someone else?

blueJar4838 December 22nd, 2019

I have been married to my wonderful husband for 6 years but 4 of those years i spent it cheating on him with a coworker of mine. We connected like no other. We texted all day everyday. We became very close and i fell in love with him. However, there are a few problems. I am a married woman and he is also married with 2 young kids. My husband found out about the affair a little over a month ago. I ended the relationship with the other guy and i even left my job so that i wouldnt be tempted to go back. The last few weeks have been very hard for me and my husband. He has been very supportive even though i know he is hurting tremedously. I constantly think about the other man, I sometimes even have dreams about him. I wake up with shortness of breath and with my chest hurting me. I want to continue my marriage but right now its so hard to see the light at the end of this dark tunnel. Has anyone else been through this? Please give me advice on how to cope with the loss and how i can love my husband again.

7motivation September 12th, 2020

@blueJar4838

Hello.

Give it time. It seems like you're on the path you want to be on. Perhaps it will just take time to unwind and untangle.

If you have any particular concerns, it can be helpful to Google the question or topic.

For example, Google this:

MARRIED BUT IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE

https://www.google.com/search?q=MARRIED+BUT+IN+LOVE+WITH+SOMEONE+ELSE

Then you'll see the best answers that other people got with similar questions.

Click on the Video link at the top of the search results page to see relevant videos.

Click on the Images link to see images results, which often have good messages or leads to good web sites.

WA509HI808 September 27th, 2020

@7motivation

he must love you tremendously to be supportive while he is hurting inside. Think about why you fell in love with your husband. Sometimes, when we fall into a routine, it becoming "boring". Spice things up. Do things you haven't done before. Ask him if he could do things to make you fall in love with him again, and work hard to do the same. You fell in love with your husband before. Maybe you forgot why. Rediscover that with his help, and remind him of why he fell in love with you too. Good luck to you. He sounds like a great husband.

plumAcres9607 October 3rd, 2020

@blueJar4838

May you be well and free from suffering.

Perhaps you might want to consider going to relationship therapy together with your husband. In addition, it might be helpful to tell your husband everything you're feeling. Life is too short to spend time being in a marriage with someone you don't love. All feelings are valid. You can't control who you love. Friends should not judge feelings.

ColdFireBurns October 5th, 2020

@blueJar4838

I am so sorry this occurs for you. You and your husband will both likely need therapy. Your chance of success will be better if you both do that.

If you have any specific questions, pls do ask.

you can make things better, it will be difficult but possible.