Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

letters that you never sent

ss941996 May 20th, 2015

If you are to send a message across to someone you are not on talking terms with , what would you like to say? I would say the following things to the following people. My ex bestfriend : we had a long friendship and it still saddens me that it ended. First i thought that it was your fault that it did and i hated you for that . Now i know it not your fault or mine. We both just became different people and our paths seperated. I thank you for all the years you spent with me and for all the things i learned from you. I wish you well wherever you are. My father : we cant go back to the way we were. I used to hate you earlier for ruining my childhood and making me feel like a lesser person. Now i dont. Now i have neither love nor hatred ....or really any kind of emotion in my heart for you. I guess this bridge is really burnt now. You left me when i needed you the most so you really have no right to come back again. That said, i forgave you a long time back. Not because i love you but because i love myself. My ex lovers : thanks for the pain. It made me stronger than i believed i ever could be. I never hope to see you all again but i dont harbour any hard feelings for you all

AshleyLawrence May 21st, 2015

I like to think we experience people in eras. Like it works while it works until it doesn't and we have the opportunity to leave and focus on other things that do work. It is healthy to have different friends as we grow up, people we lost contact with and people we hate and never want to contact again. It is through this experience that we learn who we are and what we are not. It is hard and never really explicit but when you look back things usually happen for a reason, even though we were blind to the reasoning when it happened.

Anomalia August 18th, 2016

I think this is a lovely concept! I don't know that I have anyone I'm out of touch with because of conflict that I would want to reach out to, but there are an awful lot of people who I used to love so dearly and am no longer in contact with, and I would love to be able to let them know just how much they mean to me or meant to me and thank them for their friendship.

TaylorTheLemonSlayer December 12th, 2016

Although we don't talk anymore though I do not wish to get in touch again, I hope you're coping well and keeping yourself fit and strong and that life is treating you with utter respect. This letter is to let you know that I do not hold any grudges against you for letting me down multiple times over the past couple of years.

RedAki December 13th, 2016

To that one classmate:

I want to know how you died. Were you depressed and stressed because finals was coming up? Or was it a car accident, an actual accident? I can never ask, but I'm curious. Because it's been a year and for some reason I felt like following recently. I don't even know you that well, you just sat behind me in one class.

neatFig7504 January 11th, 2017

I still love you and I miss you every minute of the day

pinkPal6446 May 18th, 2017

you wil always be in my heart but once again you dont care.so as i write this your carrying on with your life and im left to carry on as normal like nothing happened. been a hard few years and now i see things different,and its created this wierd anger mood wings bit its ok.i dont blame you ,i didnt deal with anything years ago i convicned myself i did a lie lol.i hope you find your perfect pretty princess who can be all you want and need .

im going to move on starting with my new bestfriend anger for my sake not anyone elses

so goodbye to the one love i thoguht i could always count on

neatFig7504 October 24th, 2017

i still love you even though its going to be a year now and I miss you every minute of the day...i just have one question...why did you decide to leave me? Didn't you understand that you were hurting me in the worst possible way? Now I feel guilty for making you feel guilty..

Blazeyblur October 24th, 2017

It is so interesting how this thread came to be. I have been struggling with the idea of reaching out to my ex boyfriend. We have not had any contact for almost 2 months. Broke up about 5 months ago. It still hurts and I still miss him, but I am tired of being angry and sad. My letter below...

I am sorry for making the summer harder than it had to be. I wish I would've taken space then. I can't imagine how it must have felt to receives texts from me asking you, what I did wrong or why I am not good enough for you in 100 different ways. I want to believe you did not want to hurt me and if you could've, you wouldn't have. I want to believe you were patient with me this summer because you truly felt bad, not because you liked the attention. I understand why we broke up. I want to believe it wasn't personal. Just bad timing. You have it really hard with your parents. They treat you like Cinderella but worse.

Part of me wishes we would've just stayed friends because I miss talking to you and laughing at your rants. I loved being your best friend and being the escape from the craziness, but another part of me doesn't wish that because for about 2 months of our relationship. You made me feel like I was the best thing that could've happened to you, but then your family got to you and I became your emotional punching bag.

I still love you. I will always love you. I wish I could've made you happy, but you know I would've brought you the moon if I could have. I hope you find some form of happiness... After all this, I still hope we'll get back together...

spreadingtherainbow19 November 16th, 2017

just know that you hurt me in many ways, but thank you for leaving i am not a better me

pinkPal6446 November 27th, 2017

The moment I hear your voice I feel like a child with niave dreams .you turn my world up side down.I just wish you loved me like I love you and for that reason you have to go.i hope you find love and she's good to you I'm sorry it won't be me .

I love you will always love you. But I need to love myself more .

ANEZKA013 November 28th, 2017

i miss you ! I hate to admit it but i do.

You were the only person who understood me so deeply. Though it was a toxic terrible coexistence. I hate being stuck in this paradoxical feeling